Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Wireless Engineer is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all wireless related projects within Zayo. Projects include Small Cell, Outdoor DAS, Indoor DAS, Indoor Wireless and Microwave. Responsibilities include Equipment design and layout with Zayo Wireless Customers, FCC compliance, RF Sweep Test development, internal product training. Experience with site construction activities including antenna selection, coax cable design and troubleshooting, cell site equipment, RF propagation and designs using Atoll, IBwave, or other propagation tools. This individual will join Zayo’s growing small cell and DAS team. Individual must be comfortable engaging with Wireless providers (AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile) RF design teams.
- Review and perform regulatory compliance items such as MPE analysis, FAA, and NEPA / SHPO requirements.
- Engage and influence Wireless Service Provider customer personnel regarding Zayo products and designs.
- Provide initial equipment and equipment design requirements for customer requests and support for market level project engineering
- Proficient in set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting for CW tests, RF Sweeps, Standard practice development, analysis of trouble tickets for small cell.
- Develop and manage best practices for construction and implementation effort for wireless products.
- Understand physical equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and perform inter-modulation analysis
- Interface with OEM equipment vendors like Ericsson, Alcatel, CommScope, Sabre, Valmont, RFS, TE, and antenna manufacturers with respect to equipment specifications, new products, and installation documentation.
- Generate engineering-related reports from Salesforce for customer configurations, site locations, and equipment information for all wireless site locations.
- Lead the Small Cell Operations process, implementation requirements and standards, and manage and coordinate activities with the wireless vendors as required.
- Play an active role in the recruitment of engineering staff and be a mentor to other engineering colleagues as required
- Perform or direct contractors with FAA, MPE, NEPA, and RF Analysis using tools such as Atoll or iBwave, Roofview, and other software products
- Prepare implementation standards for wireless installations and Zayo wireless products.
- Provide reporting for Zayo Small Cell locations, capabilities, and products to Business Development and key customers.
- Manage and own the documentation relating to small cell and in building installation processes, troubleshooting, wireless standards, and procedures for all wireless related Implementation and Operation efforts.
- Bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Telecommunications.
- OEM equipment training (Ericsson, ALU, Samsung, Comscope DAS, and other RF OEM’s)
- Minimum 5 years of RF experience working in a large wireless telecommunications company as a Field Technician or Construction Supervisor.
- Experience with wireless incident management systems (NetCool, Remedy, or other similar systems)
- Experience with construction standards and RF troubleshooting.
- Experience with RF propagation tools (Atoll, iBwave, etc.)
- Understanding of Wireless systems, including in-building DAS, mobile networks, WiFi, LTE and 5G systems.
- Experience with equipment engineering including pole design, cabinet design, AC / DC power systems, and overall design of small cell and ODAS equipment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave