Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Windows Systems Administrator Senior - VDI
What You’ll Do:
- Design and manage growing and robust VDI environments using VMware Horizon, DEM/UEM, and AppVolumes.
- Plan and administer storage and backup solutions with Nimble, Brocade/Broadcom, Dell EMC Isilon, Veeam, and Dell EMC Data Domain (or similar technologies).
- Plan and administer the IT infrastructure to meet ever-changing business requirements and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services.
- Research and provide recommendations for computing technologies.
- Participate in developing and documenting the policies and procedures for consistent infrastructure management, methodologies, and standards.
- Plan and administer the strategy for the operations and support of the IT infrastructure (computers, networks, local equipment).
- Coordinate physical environment usage and planning across geographies (data centers, labs, remote offices).
- Administer lab environments and IT facilities.
- Capacity management of systems and services.
- Provide input into how costs are measured, tracked, and reported.
- Detailed design of hardware and software infrastructure to meet architecture, project development and QOS requirements.
- Administer server hardware and OS build standards including server builds, server images, hardening, and software (applications & tools) installations.
- Enforce security policies for protecting data and shared network resources including files, folders and printers.
- Set and review the configuration of security access privileges.
- Document and configure systems.
- Plan and administer regular preventative maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Troubleshoot and triage of complex problems to avoid extended costly down time and service outages.
- Root cause analysis utilizing analytical problem solving to provide long term problem resolution.
- Administer the account and system setup controls.
- Administration of the information technology continuity and availability systems.
- Administer the messaging, database, and telecommunications operations.
- Create key performance indicators and metrics reports.
- Administer the directory service operations.
- Secure physical and virtual machines to DISA STIG requirements
- Administer the capacity of systems and services.
- Provide cost and chargeback reporting to management and customers based on established costing and charging policies.
- Create and manage user accounts and permissions.
- Monitor availability of infrastructure services.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 8 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Active TS/SCI, DoD 8570 Certification and CI Poly preferred. This position will require the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI, DoD 8570 Certification and CI Poly.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.