VP Solution Discovery at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a VP Solution Discovery. This role will lead market validation and solution discovery to enable Guild to explore potential opportunities that are directly related to governmental and workforce development aspects of the market.
As VP Solution Discovery you will:
- Define and lead solution exploration projects specifically aimed at understanding and exploring areas of opportunity influences by federal education and workforce development policy by:
- Completing market analysis
- Qualitative insights projects, including desk and interview based research
- Shaping and leading prototyping and/or pilots
- Business case creation and analysis
- Risk mapping
- Competitive analysis
- Liaise with government relations leadership at Guild and provide strategic recommendations based on information gathered externally.
- Using existing and new relationships, gather information and provide strategic advice when useful to policy makers at national and local levels.
- This is a senior individual contributor function that will utilize contractors and in-house matrixed staff as needed for additional support.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, in a highly cross-functional and cross-collaborative environment
- Deep analytical skills, both in highly complex technical environments and process-oriented organizations
- Understanding and experience of federal government agencies and how they influence education and workforce policy.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including leadership roles within operations, project or product management.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with different stakeholder groups and confidently advocate, influence and negotiate across various levels of the organization
- A strong sense of ownership with proven ability to learn new concepts quickly
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $200-$250 and bonus/variable compensation/commissions eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth