Vertafore is seeking an experienced VP of Revenue Operations to partner with our Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to influence alignment of all revenue operations across the business. This role will develop and oversee all revenue operations processes, tools and resources that drive efficiency, effectiveness, and ultimately, continued growth and revenue performance. This leader will partner with the executive team and leadership throughout the business to drive overall GTM effectiveness, including all processes, technology, metrics, reporting, and data management.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
• Lead and drive best in class Revenue Operations functions related to sales forecasting, pipeline management, reporting, analytics, contracting, training, education and talent management
• Drive innovation by challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement of processes and outcomes around Contracting and Quote-To-Cash processes
• Provide analytical horsepower to solve data challenges and execute on relevant data management and governance in our internal systems.
• Partner with Marketing to monitor and report on the sales funnel from lead generation through to deal.
• Partner with Customer Success to analyze and guide churn focus as well as NPS results.
• Provide counsel to the CRO, in implementing objectives that appropriately reflect the company's business and financial goals.
• Aligning planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts with corporate objectives
• In conjunction with sales leadership, develops, aligns and implements regional and/or territory assignments and sales plans and deploys sales quotas and compensation plans
• Oversee planning and management for roles, responsibilities, coverage and rules of engagement within the sales organization
• Ongoing analytics delivery to provide marketing and sales with insights for better decision-making
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong planning, financial and analytical skills; proven ability to apply these skills with deft business acumen to complex situations with competing priorities
• Experience building/overseeing business cases and financial models; ability to perform analysis on and uncover insights from data; ability to oversee projects of this nature
• Strong acumen of technology toolsets across revenue operations
• Passion for leading people, including the ability to work with diverse skill sets (from technical to training resources)
• Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions
• Ability to translate business objectives to technical requirements
• Ability to translate business objectives to marketing goals and measurements and sales goals
• Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to audience needs
• Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
• Proven ability to collaborate and effectively manage cross-functional teams charged with launching new products and diverse initiatives
• Strong consulting skills. Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions
• Demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence and align without clear reporting authority
• Demonstrated ability to craft content, edit effectively and present complex issues and projects succinctly, logically and persuasively
• Competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management skills.
• Ability to diagnose project performance problems and execute effective corrective actions.
• 8+ years' experience in sales operations or business operations - ideally leading revenue operations in a software company
• Experience working with a SaaS company; high growth startup experience a plus
• Proven success in driving operational excellence
• Experience architecting and managing revenue systems from the ground up – CRM, Marketing automation, etc.
• Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data experience
• BA or BS required. MBA preferred
• The ideal candidate will possess both marketing and sales experience
• Experience in finance is desirable
• Demand creation/field marketing experience is desirable
• Marketing reporting and dashboard development, analysis and delivery, including using data from MAP, SFA, Web analytics and finance