VP, Professional Services at Vertafore
Vertafore is seeking a seasoned executive with a well-rounded operations background and successful track record of leading high-growth Professional Services teams. The Vice President of Professional Services will be located in Denver, CO. This is a full-time position.
The VP, Professional Services is responsible for building out our best-in-class professional services team, including scaling our inside professional services operation, as well as our field based consulting teams delivering multi-million dollar projects across the country. The ideal candidate will have a history of successfully leading diverse professional services teams, implemented strategies and methodologies focused on high quality deployments of a complex product, expertly navigated demand versus capacity, has a strong grasp on the mechanics of a P&L and maintained high levels of customer retention and satisfaction. This team includes Implementation Specialists, Conversion Analysts, Business Analysts/Consultants, Project Managers and management leaders associated with those groups.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Drive successful programs and processes to optimize customer satisfaction and retention of new and existing customers
· Manage objectives and key results of the services organization, including utilization, bookings, revenue, margins, customer satisfaction as well as employee satisfaction
· Establish operating practices to address scalability; while working closely to develop better hand-offs and interfaces with other teams
· Design teams and process to best achieve customer success and company results
· Partner with Sales to craft deals, implementation estimates, and statements of work to win customers and exceed delivery expectations
· Recruit, develop, and retain a world-class services team
· Coach and mentor all practice leaders to drive a strong culture throughout the broader team.
· Ensure that staffing levels are adequate to meet the internal resource demand (for both new sales and backlog) while maintaining appropriate levels of team utilization
· Approve all Professional Services estimates for service projects and engage staff from other departments as needed to ensure accuracy and completeness
· Lead the Professional Services organization to deliver projects that meet or exceed Customer Satisfaction standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· A track record of leading from the front and ability to demonstrate how they setup their team and organization for success.
· Deep expertise in project management and processes in support of mission critical projects.
· Confidence and experience with C-Level engagement, strong presentation skills and adept at shaping business objectives into executable work streams.
· A hands-on approach when it comes to managing customers, difficult situations and critical timelines.
· Ability to make tough decisions, to change and adapt quickly, while remaining focused on customers.
· Experience building and organizing teams for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
· Recognized as valued trusted advisor in relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors and other industry professionals.
· College degree and ten years' experience
· Proven success in progressive leadership roles
· Experience working in professional services in an enterprise software company
· Ability to lead through organizational change initiatives
· Strong technical skills/aptitude is required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Live in or relocate to Denver, CO
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 25% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).· Frequent sitting and/or standing.