Mindful Health comprises multiple companies that embody our three pillars of ultimate health and wellness: Healing Foods, Healing Movement, and a Healing Mindset. We believe that living in the fullest expression of yourself is the best way to impact the planet and the world, and every decision we make for each of our companies keeps this value in mind.
Our organization is made up of talented employees and contractors from all over the world who use their knowledge and skills to further the initiatives of the following three brands:
- Danette May
- Fit Rise
- Earth Echo
Danette May — Danette May is America’s Leading Healthy Lifestyle Expert, the founder of The Rise movement, and the author of many books, notably The Rise: An Unforgettable Journey of Self-Love, Forgiveness, and Transformation (Hay House 2018). Her programs include online coaching in the areas of healthy lifestyle and mindfulness.
Fit Rise 365 — Our health and wellness online membership platform provides our community with fitness challenges, mindfulness exercises, and nutritional recipes that are intended to elevate overall health and wellbeing.
Earth Echo — Our superfood and supplement company offers the highest quality, most bioavailable products on the market. We believe we are made for more because when you feel good, you do good. As caretakers of the planet, we strive to minimize our impact on the planet by creating sustainable packaging and sourcing only the best organic, non-GMO ingredients that we can deliver to our customers.
Mindful Health was named #48 on the Inc. 500 2018 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US.
We seek individuals who are passionate about healthy living, are on a personal path of growth, and are committed to transforming the world around them in their own way. We believe that we are all individually empowered to change the world.
Our culture thrives on community, diversity, and inclusiveness. Individuals at Mindful Health are recognized for their contribution to the team, the culture, and the mission. It is our hope that every member of our team thrives and finds personal and professional fulfillment in their role.
For more information on our Company and culture please visit www.danettemay.com/career
Candidates in the Denver/Boulder area preferred; open nationwide. This position is a remote position with approximately 25% travel per year.
The VP of Operations provides strategic operational oversight and direction to our operations team while also working to build and scale our brands. The VP will build and oversee a sales team that focuses on expanding the Earth Echo Brand into various channels of distribution and retailers. This leader will hire and manage key individuals responsible for executing on a sales strategy consistent with overall company objectives. The VP of Operations is capable of driving a vision and providing strategic planning to achieve high growth sales goals. The VP will provide hands-on direction to the core operational teams to implement the vision of the Organization. Responsible for all functional operating areas, the VP will establish and maintain an organizational structure that aligns with the Mindful Health mission. Leadership guided in fostering the long-term health of the organization is key; where transparent communication balanced with high emotional intelligence is required. This position has direct P&L responsibility for all organizational entities.
The VP will manage the operations team; specifically sales, customer engagement, while programs/content and marketing will report to the CEO.
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
Description & Influence:
- Responsible for day-to-day leadership of members of the Mindful Health team that serve and support all of our brands.
- Continuously measure the effectiveness of all internal and external processes and provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of Mindful Health and all brands.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective operational growth strategies and processes.
- Provide all operational oversight and support to individual leaders of Mindful Health brands.
- Implement strategic vision as set by the CEO by ensuring key operational areas are working collaboratively to achieve profitability and top-line growth.
- Sales Team:
- Overseeing operational growth of the Earth Echo brand to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives.
- Develop and architect an overall retail sales vision & strategy
- Hire key sales individuals that can formulate and execute on a channel strategy, plan and detailed pricing strategy.
- Ensure the sales team is developing and executing on a strategic account plan for each key account to maximize revenue, profitability, account penetration, and customer satisfaction.
- Gain customer insights and intelligence to identify new business opportunities and markets.
- Incentivize and retain a top performing internal and external sales team.
- Develop and communicate accurate monthly forecasts to project annual sales volume and profit contribution
- Partner with the CEO to set and exceed established sales targets.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives including:
- Operations – Will have ownership of all operations related initiatives to include systems, structure, and developing efficiencies at all levels of the organization to cut costs and drive profitability.
- IT – Will manage and support the IT Director in evaluating and implementing technology throughout the organization to improve operational efficiencies and support growth.
- Customer Engagement – Will manage and support the Customer Engagement Director in developing efficiencies in the support department, continually reducing refunds and cancellations, and converting the department into a profit center.
- HR- Will partner with the HR Director to develop and coach the sales team. Design complex sales compensation plans and incentives to ensure employee retention.
- Products- Oversee Director of Products to maximize supply chain efficiencies; track shipments, consumption, and inventory.
- Partner with the CEO and third party accounting firm in forecasting and budgeting, cash flow management, KPI measurement, developing financial models, data analytics, and evaluation of financials to advise CEO on business decisions.
- Provide operational support to the Marketing team.
- Motivate and lead a high performing leadership team as well as provide mentoring as a key element of the professional development of each team member.
- Ability to advise and make recommendations to the CEO concerning budget, cost, and financial matters and encourages and directs leadership team in establishing a measure of performance, increased productivity, quality improvement, and cost controls.
- Ensure Mindful Health is effectively supporting the growth of related entities.
Background & Experience:
- 7+ years of progressive experience managing operations department leaders and high performers, ideally within the consumer products, online retail and ecommerce space .
- 5+ years experience building a sales organization from the ground up as well as experience leading sales organizations in a fast-growing company
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading a sales organization of a consumer products company with $10M+ in annual sales
- Extensive experience in start-up and fast growth consumer products companies, in the fitness, wellness, food/nutrition, product manufacturing is required.
- Experience in online or direct response organizations in a virtual environment.
- Must be proficient in the implementation of technology systems and processes.
- Prior experience building and growing an internal & external sales organization from scratch
- Proven ability to drive results without clear direction
- Experience leading sales representatives with different styles of selling
- Strong sales data analysis and practical application experience
- Experience managing CRM and CRM team performance; ideally experienced in implementing a CRM solution
- Exceptional financial acumen; P&L oversight & management, budgets, and forecasts
- Proven experience in operations, finance, and team leadership and development.
- Experience in product manufacturing is ideal.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and develop a team.
- High degree of self awareness and emotional intelligence
- Must be able to balance strong analytics and timely decision making.
- Experience growing product brands online and offline is preferred.
- Passionate about, and committed to, healthy living, exercise, nutrition and overall wellness.
- Possesses high degree of personal integrity with a strong work ethic who honors their commitments and always strives for excellence.
- A flexible attitude and ability to adjust as projects and initiatives demand.
- Ability to act decisively to solve problems and create a path to solutions while empowering others to act.
- Helps others navigate change and uncertainty toward a desired future vision.
For the right candidate this role may fast-track to a Chief Operating Officer, depending on qualifications.