VP, Merchant Development at Sovrn
As the Leader of Sovrn’s Commerce Demand team, you will work closely with key Merchants to help develop deep strategic relationships and explore opportunities to grow the partnership.
About the Job
This is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. It’s an opportunity for someone to make a major impact and help shape our entire Commerce strategy. You will be working closely with a global team of colleagues across the Sovrn Commerce business to help refine efforts for growth in the US and UK.
What you will be doing:
- Be a strategic partner to top tier merchants and merchant networks
- Identify opportunities to align our current and future product offerings with the goals and themes of top merchants.
- Lead, inspire and develop a small but growing team of sales and account management professionals
- Become an expert in Sovrn’s product offerings so that you can lead key conversations to answer any and all questions, and instill confidence in our products and Sovrn
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Development on market themes, trends and opportunities
- Establish a set of KPIs that provide insight into the value and success of your work
- Collaborate with your peers to improve our products, market approach, and product growth
You possess strong in-market skills and bring experience in both generating new business and developing lasting relationships within the affiliate marketing sector. You strive to exceed revenue targets through solving important problems for our customers, successful product implementation and managing expectations for new and existing clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing those learnings with others.
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years in a sales, sales leadership, key accounts, and key partnership growth preferred
- Deep knowledge of the affiliate marketing as well as good adtech/martech knowledge
- Entrepreneurial and curious
- Driven to find growth opportunities
- Track record building new client relationships
- Pick up technical product understanding easily
- High emotional intelligence
- Data and results driven
- Attention to detail
- Ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Clear and concise communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to affect resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
This position reports to: VP, Global Demand and Agency Partnerships
Location: New York City Preferred. Open to Remote in these states: California, New Jersey, New York.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow and make money, operate their business more efficiently, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, New York, and London.
With thousands of customers deploying Sovrn’s products across tens of thousands of websites, Sovrn reaches nearly 500M consumers across more than 14B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.