VP / Head of Enterprise Systems at Evolve (Remote)
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company - we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
As the largest tech-enabled, asset-light provider of vacation rental management services in North America that is preparing for the rigors of being a publicly-traded company, Evolve is asking increasingly more of its enterprise systems and data with respect to efficiency and management of security and risk. We’re therefore looking for an experienced technology professional with experience across several related dimensions to lead in our exciting upcoming chapters.
In this new leadership position, you will oversee Information Technology, Security, Procurement, Data Management, and Business Intelligence. You will scale your organization and the company’s enterprise systems to their next level of maturity as we work toward our vision of being the most-trusted hospitality brand in vacation rental. This role will require keen business sense with an ability to balance "business value" vs "security risk". This position will report to our CFO.
What you’ll do
- Provide executive-level leadership and direction related to platform selection, strategic planning, operational performance, risk management, cybersecurity, and business intelligence
- Assist with the selection and implementation of critical applications. Provide direction and best-practices methodology for all SaaS and IaaS deployments.
- Build protocols to provide outstanding data and systems governance
- Ensure Evolve has appropriate information technology products, systems, and services to scale and support a multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company
- Foster a culture of cybersecurity engagement and ownership, driving behavioral changes across the company
- Construct and communicate clear and effective procurement policies, processes, negotiation approaches, and tracking. Lead or assist in negotiating contracts.
- Regularly evaluate company software use to identify possible areas for consolidation, improvement, and cost reduction
- Establish scorecard and review information security and compliance levels and elevate to required thresholds. Identify and maintain PCI and NIST compliance, while working towards SOX and SOC compliance.
- Ensure data is stored in a secure and organized fashion and purveyed to the organization efficiently, accurately, and in a clearly-understood manner
What makes you a great fit (bullets from most important to least important)
- 15+ years of information technology, systems, and security experience
- 10+ years of experience building and leading a team
- Experience with pre- and post- IPO readiness and the different stages that companies go through during that journey
- Comfort communicating an organization's information systems program across the company and other stakeholders
- Ability to oversee our Business Intelligence function, including data management and governance
- Experience implementing controls and mitigating risks related to GDPR, PCI, PII and other information security and data privacy standards like NIST.
- Experience implementing cloud-security solutions following a NIST cybersecurity framework including, Network Security, Zero-Trust, and Threat/Intrusion Detection
- Experience with customer service environments and related PCI, CCPA, and TCPA considerations
- Significant experience with organizational systems mapping/optimization and supporting procurement and SaaS contract negotiation and management
- Passion for staying on top of the emerging challenges and tactics in enterprise security landscape
- Aptitude for working cross-functionally across all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and humor
- Embrace and embodiment our 10 Core Values
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work in our beautiful downtown Denver office, completely remote, or a hybrid of both!
Not in Colorado? We're happy to consider candidates in the following states: AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MO, MT, NC, NE, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WA, and WY.
For this role our salary range is $200,000 to $276,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.