VP & GM, Design Services at Havenly
Havenly, Inc. is a venture-funded and fast growing consumer services startup located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone.
Interior Designers are at the heart of Havenly, delivering beautiful designs that delight hundreds of thousands of clients. As we continue to grow and scale the team, we’re looking for a VP & GM of Design Services to lead the charge. In this role you will oversee the full designer organization, including all strategic, operational and support functions for this team. You will be responsible for growing a best in class team and leading them to achieve results across key metrics – from our ability to service growing demand to continuing to deliver customer happiness through the design process. Partnering cross functionally with customer experience, product, engineering and marketing, you will build technology products that not only increase efficiency and help scale, but enable us to consistently deliver on our brand promise – accessible and personal design, for everyone.
Must be located or relocating to Beautiful Denver, CO.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Inspire, develop, and mentor an existing team of high-performing design managers to continue to scale our design team at high levels of quality
- Drive all strategic, operational, financial and client experience aspects of our designer base, ensuring that the designer team is well managed and producing results against key metrics
- Hold a key seat at the table in strategic company decisions around how we should continue to expand and scale our designer supply.
- Develop a world class coaching and evaluation framework to ensure that we are internally measuring the health of our designer base, and also creating programs to better manage our designers to achieve our ambitious targets around customer experience and sales
- Build a more profitable, more productive, more efficient design organization
- Partner with our analytics teams and our product teams to continue to develop solutions that enable our designers to serve our customers with a magical customer experience
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ of experience in product, people management, or sales management at high growth consumer facing companies. You understand the opportunities and challenges that growth companies face, and can operate in complex systems with tremendous appetite to test programs and change existing paradigms.
- You have a passion for delivering world class consumer experiences, and have a non- stop desire to continually elevate the customer’s journey.
- You’re an incredible people leader, having experience managing in-house orgs of talented people and achieving or exceeding KPIs through the team
- You have a track record of recruiting, nurturing, and retaining high-performers.
- You have a strong problem-solving track record - you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving.
- You are a holistic business thinker, and can actively balance the competing needs in an organization to benefit the whole of the business.
- You thrive when operating in resource light environments. You can marshal change without a large budget or multitudes of people.
- You possess exceptional analytical skills. You’re able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data. You understand the nuances and complexities of data but act as a simplifier, realizing that data and insights are only powerful if they drive action.
- You can build something out of nothing and possess the ability to try different things with minimal oversight
- Above all else you are very bright, very kind and very results-oriented.
- It’s challenging - You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skill set. This is not your typical 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
- It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to make an impact on one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
- It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.