Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a VP of Community to join #teamgreen. This role can sit remotely across US, UK or Ireland, or work from one of our HQ's in Denver, US or Manchester, UK.
The VP of Community has the overall responsibility of driving user engagement and brand awareness of the Matillion Community. The role manages a team that oversees our user forums, user groups, developer relations, training academy and certification programs.
What you will be doing
As the VP, you’ll set the vision and mission with your team. You will use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact at Matillion and in the wider user community. You’ll lead and grow a global organization focusing on the end to end customer and user experience of users using our products and services to solve data and analytics problems within the organizations that they serve. Your team will plan, develop and implement programs to help our users become experts in Matillion and become champions within their organization for our solutions.
You’ll be responsible for
-Matillion Community, encompassing our user forums, user groups, training academy and certification programs.
-Matillon Engage that offers an ‘appstore’ facility for users to develop and share new connectors, shared jobs and other extensions to other users.
You're a great candidate if you...
- Love solving the entire customer experience challenge end to end.
- Can build user communities founded and are passionate about attracting and delighting users at all levels of experience.
- Can think strategically, while collaboratively building and executing plans.
- Excel at empowering your teams with vision and strategy, delegating responsibilities, and holding them accountable based on agreed outcomes.
- Are comfortable speaking with users at speaking events.
- Enjoy coaching and growing people to their full potential.
- Can work effectively with stakeholders at an executive level.
What we are looking for
- Expertise in growing community engagement, with 10 years or more leading a software community organization.
- Deep experience in community building and developer advocacy.
- Proven experience in software development or a related field, ideally with a special emphasis in data, analytics, data integration middleware, distributed systems, and cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Public speaking and presenting.
- Communicating with empathy using a variety of media.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in software development.
- Can recognize outstanding content and coach teams to build it.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Passion for designing processes that scale
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” digging into complex operational issues
- Cross-functional orientation and ability to build relationships with other leaders and teams
- Creative problem solving skills and a mentality of “art of the possible”
- A proactive mindset towards continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in an Agile environment
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.