VP, Chief of Staff at Guild Education (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We are looking for a senior Chief of Staff to work directly with our CEO and our executive team. The COS will serve as a thought partner to the CEO. They will also act as a communications partner, supporting internal and external communications between the CEO and key partners. In this leadership role, with our leaders to build shared context, drive clarity, and appropriately prioritize time, thought, and resources towards Guild’s key areas of focus.
Reporting to our CEO, Rachel Carlson, also work closely with great colleagues including Natalie McCullough, Bijal Shah, Paul Freedman, Monica Lang, Greg Siegel and other smart and inspiring teammates at Guild.Responsibilities include:
- Partner with the CEO and Executive Team to build and maintain high functioning teams and environments - both within the various leadership teams and throughout the company, focusing on Guild’s core values
- Support external partner relationships including Guild’s board of directors, our advisory boards, key F500 and university leaders, policy makers, and leaders
- Whether as a proxy for the CEO or sitting by her side, prep for, lead, and follow up on leadership and team meetings at an authoritative level, facilitating healthy debate, arriving at shared context as a team, leading meeting outputs and holding other leaders accountable for their results
- Manage the rhythm of business at Guild, ensuring the executive team is passionate about the right topics at the right time, both optimizing within the week and looking at horizons many months out
- Be a partner on cross-functional operational and strategic topics including but not limited to -- long-term vision, issues of execution, areas for operational improvement, brand, all communications, and partner management
- Produce high-impact communications for the CEO, in partnership with all comms leaders for major events, along with other cross-functional teams as relevant
- Communicate context to leaders and teams within Guild - so that they are empowered to make good decisions and solve problems at their level, reducing information cycles or critical issues to the leadership team when it can be avoided
- Use internal data and your own analytical skills to guide goal setting and tracking for your work streams and shared leadership initiatives
- Support cross-functional shared services teams at a strategic level to better optimize Guild’s business and back-of-house operational efforts
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Highly collaborative -- you care less about who did it than how it got done. You take deep pride in shared outcomes and you really believe the whole is greater than the sum of the parts when it comes to team efforts.
- A love of driving alignment - leaving personal agenda at the door. Serve as an ambassador for the CEO, and seek to facilitate phenomenal conversations and decision-making processes to drive alignment across the leadership team and the broader company.
- Organizational change - known for driving the operational and communications efforts needed to help move hearts and minds from one state to the next.
- Excellent written and communication skills -- highly skilled in writing, a specialist in shorter vs longer summaries, and known for making outstanding Powerpoint decks!
- Equally excellent verbal communication skills - First and foremost, a phenomenal facilitator and excel at leading conversations and meetings in a way that draws out great insights and points towards great outcomes.
- A master in the art of business storytelling, and known to align the message to meet the needs and prior context of the listener.
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $150,000-$200,000 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth