Ready to lead an amazing new Go To Market team? We are looking for an experienced leader for our Carrier Strategy and Go To Market team to build a world-class Go-To-Market team that will develop go-to-market strategies and create powerful positioning and messaging for our suite of insurance carrier products.
Our ideal candidate has experience in insurance and is a strategic, creative professional with a strong background in B-to-B product marketing. You must be able to learn new markets quickly and develop engaging messaging for various buyer personas to drive demand. In addition, you must be able to establish strong relationships with Product Management, Marketing and Sales leaders to ensure that the strategy and messaging is on point as we roll out go-to-market activities, introduce new products to the market and deliver product updates to existing customers. For this position, it's also essential to be familiar with new technologies, insurance industry trends and carriers' business problems.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
1. Accelerate opportunity capture and help save highest risk accounts
· Partner with Sales team to prioritize accounts and products by account
· Refine Vertafore-level carrier value proposition
· Increase Vertafore brand awareness among carriers e.g., publish articles in carrier-focused publications, speak at carrier-focused conferences to increase Vertafore brand awareness, support sales meetings and carrier events
· Partner with sales team on major saves and deals; join upfront strategy discussions as the "expert" on carrier distribution technology and "why Vertafore"
2. Identify and prioritize next set of product expansion and enhancement opportunities for carriers
· Understand breakdown of carrier spend on technology
· Understand competitive landscape and win/loss drivers by product
· Prioritize new expansion opportunities in carrier distribution
· Prioritize top enhancements for existing products
· Support Product Management's development of business cases to support top opportunities as part of roadmap planning
3. Manage carrier-side of strategic carrier projects, specifically working with design partners
· Develop epic and feature requirements
· Gather input on detailed features, workflows and UX/UI mockups
· Usability test the emerging solution
· Run Early Adopter and Design Partner executive meeting cadence
· 10+ years experience in enterprise product marketing, product management, or related fields preferred
· MBA/MA degree in marketing, communication, or other relevant field preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills to engage with technical and sales communities
· Experience in P&C insurance strongly preferred
· Project management skills and attention to detail
· Proficiency in MS Office and MS Powerpoint
· Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and writing proficiency
· High performer who consistently meets/exceeds personal MBOs but thrives in a team environment
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 20% of the time.
· Located and working either from a remote location or in Denver office (preferred)
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.