Voice Admin- Contract to Hire
HomeAdvisor is currently looking for a motivated and high-energy Contract Voice Administrator to join our Telephony team. In this role, you will be responsible for the administration, maintenance, and support of HomeAdvisor's telephony environment. We're looking for someone who understands VoIP systems and has worked in systems like Avaya and Genesys.
- You will provide Tier I & Tier II troubleshooting of VoIP connectivity issues on in-house systems, along with moves, adds, changes, deletions, modifications, and ongoing maintenance of our Avaya and other telephony platforms.
- You will handle requests and resolve telecom tickets in a timely manner while properly documenting the incident.
- You will answer questions, troubleshoot issues, teach end-users about software or hardware functionality, and communicate policy.
- You will monitor and analyze daily call flows and utilization of SIP trunks to ensure proper capacity for each location.
- You will support our VoIP phone system for remote users and remote offices, and communication clients like Avaya One X softphones, Genesys softphones and Oracle Chat.
- You will support the maintenance and configuration for VoIP hardware and virtualized systems like media gateways, Avaya Call Managers, Application servers, routing servers, voice recording applications and SBC’s, and call detail reporting tools like Avaya Call Management Server.
- You will schedule and oversee periodic patching and software updates to the appropriate systems, including Avaya, Genesys, voice recording and reporting tools.
- You will work with application developers and other technology groups to resolve problems.
- You will review processes affecting adherence to VoIP infrastructure and security policies.
- Opportunity to participate in the infrastructure redesign currently in progress.
We’ll also ask you to:
- Participate in on-call support rotation for weekend and after-hours support.
- Travel to our satellite offices (NYC, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chicago, etc) for problem resolution or expansion. Potential travel is very light.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our teams, partners and customers.
- Relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
Experience and skills that are important in this role:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A basic understanding of VoIP protocols, such as SIP, h.323, and IAX; API integrations in a telecom environment; call routing, VDNs, and Vectors.
- An understanding of Avaya Call Management Server and/or other call center reporting tools.
- Familiarity with the function and use of PBX and IVR systems.
- Ability to identify and resolve audio issues on call platforms.
- Knowledge of network architecture including protocols and mechanisms such as: QoS, MPLS, VPN, TCP/IP, and UDP.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize multiple priorities.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds on your own.
- Able to stand or be on your feet for multiple hours at a time.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.