Vice President of Strategic Accounts
The VP, Strategic Accounts will be personally responsible for driving all stages of the sales process in order to exceed sales targets within the NextHealth customer base. You will proactively work with NextHealth customers to understand their business objectives and align our technology with their needs. The role includes developing and implementing a sales strategy for strategic accounts which are typically health plans, including; prioritizing efforts, prospecting, qualifying, moving opportunities through the pipeline, negotiation and closing. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the healthcare delivery ecosystem, business processes, and healthcare economics which allows them to serve as a trusted advisor to the prospects they work with and create demand and preference for NextHealth solutions. In addition, the ideal candidate will have pre-developed quality relationships within the health plan market.
- Account Ownership
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Demonstrated sales expertise and demonstrated results.
- Ability to sell both consultative and product functionality.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas in coordination with Services and the Voice of the Customer teams.
- Presentation and Relationship Management
- Ability to conduct clear and concise presentations for both senior executives and technical teams.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Identify, mitigate, and surface issues related to execution and overall account management
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction with quarterly check-ins and bi-annual ratings (meets, exceeds, etc.)
- Sales and Contract Process Management
- Lead process with support from the Services team to draft and negotiate client contracts for upsell or services
- Identify quarterly and bi-annual client strategies and associated NextHealth commitments (Set/Mets) and enter in Salesforce as leads.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts) in Salesforce
- Demonstrates advanced sales and marketing financial analysis skills (pricing, margins, probability analysis).
- 5+ years’ proven track record of successfully selling to Healthcare Payers (Blues, Nationals, and other Regionals)
- 3+ years selling Software or SaaS based solutions
- Demonstrated comfort in working with executive leadership in various health plan organizations.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Must be willing to travel 30-50%
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. SF.com) and MS Office (particularly PowerPoint and MS Excel)
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding client needs and Craft solutions including business needs and ROI
- 3 + years of consulting at a reputable consulting firm or HCIT company
- Experience at top tier consulting firm
- Based in Denver
- 5+ years’ experience developing new business with existing clients