Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Over the past 15 years Xero has successfully grown our business over 30% every year. This growth has been fueled by our incredible partnerships with accountants and book-keepers across our network, as well as acquisitions made to complement our platform, with services and products our customers need to run their business’. Further, Xero’s growth has been driven by passionate leaders with a deep understanding of their customers and a real commitment to creating beautiful products that our customers, small business and accountants and bookkeepers, love.
In 2018 Xero Acquired Hubdoc, a leading data capture solution that helps accountants, bookkeepers, and small businesses streamline administrative tasks such as financial document collection and data entry. This acquisition moved Xero even closer to achieving its vision for code-free accounting, enabling accountants to focus their efforts on helping small businesses make sense of their financial data, as opposed to collecting it.
The next phase of the product integration currently underway we need to drive , focuses on rebuilding Hubdoc’s core workflows into the Xero web and mobile applications. And continue to develop stand alone platform capability and grow from the significant number of paying customers today with a focus on North America.
What you'll do
- Build a great team doing the best work of their lives to build the Hubdoc business, Hubdoc strategy to return the business to a growth state. This will be anchored from the initial strategic work already completed.
- Build and maintain a structure which will facilitate achieving business goals including a matrix working structure with the key product teams and leaders.
- Develop operating plans and budgets in collaboration with Xero business partners
- Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders both in market and within Xero
- Oversee the formulation, communication and execution of a sales & marketing strategy
- Lead execution of the operating plans and budget, delivering in-year performance targets and strategic initiatives
- Develop and implement business and functional policy and process where required, to support the team with clarity and parameters
- Work with the Product teams to inform and influence Product strategy and execution and product investment
- Grow and develop the Hubdoc leadership team and staff to ensure customer outcomes are achieved and subsequently, growth targets are met
- Be the Hubdoc ambassador in the external market, moving the market to the cloud and building Hubdoc’s brand to attract customers and top talent
- Identify opportunities to accelerate growth through sales, support or product initiatives
- Communicate to the Xero business commercial and operational changes, opportunities, and areas of risk
- Build, maintain and enhance a global culture for WFM by embracing the Xero values and building on them for WFM, to draw the best out of our exceptional people so they can do the best work of their lives.
Success looks like
- Build business traction to accelerate business to a higher growth state and deliver on targets including Customer NPS, customer acquisition and Retention/churn, Committed Monthly Revenue (CMR) and Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC).
- Hubdoc strategy and business plan in place for short and medium term
- Recruit direct and matrix team, working across functions to enable Hubdoc business plan (Product, Marketing, Product Marketing CX, People, Comms, Legal etc )
- Effective leadership of the global teams, demonstrated by team culture, engagement and results
- Positive company profile across the investment community and key SaaS market commentators.
What you'll bring with you - Experience
- Minimum 10 years commercial B2B or B2C experience, ideal in subscription based tech businesses.
- Executive leadership roles in SaaS companies.
- A solid understanding of SaaS and its key metrics and strategies
- Experience in high-volume customer acquisition models
What you'll bring with you - Critical Competencies
- Strong relationship management, communication, influencing, negotiating and people skills
- An ability to draw the best out of exceptional people
- Change management
- Recruitment and team development expertise
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.