This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild Education, the market-leading provider of strategic education benefits for Fortune 1000 companies, is seeking an experienced, resourceful and highly strategic VP of Go-To-Market Partnerships to extend Guild’s market share via business development, especially with global system integrators (GSIs).
Based upon our rapid growth and desire to develop a sales channel for our solution, we are conducting an accelerated search for a person to support the acquisition of new global system integrator partners, as well as successfully manage the ecosystem. The role will include, yet may not be limited to co-designing the strategy, iterating on strategy by integrating new learning, profiling and targeting prospects, defining optimal business models, negotiating and executing the contractual arrangements, supporting the partner enablement and onboarding process, devising and executing against partner’s annual performance goals and objectives, and key contributor to the overall success of our go-to-market strategy.
As a Vice President, Go-To-Market Partnerships you will:
- Partner with SVP Strategic Partnerships to design initial GTM partner strategy
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders to identify and target GSI firms to pursue for strategic partnership
- Qualify, select and acquire inbound partner leads
- Design highly effective indirect sales + influenced revenue business models and corresponding contractual arrangements for optimal results
- Execute on current processes and procedures to enable scalable and sustainable growth via the Consulting/SI community
- Continuously refine and collaborate on the Consulting/SI Portfolio’s on-boarding process, including, yet not limited to enablement activities, partner relationship management system, external partner portal administration, intranet content, partner webcasts, partner training and certification for partners, with all applicable internal stakeholders
- Ensure cross-organizational communication and education about Guild’s channel partnerships
- Act as primary liaison, with regular cadence for channel partners
- Continuously assess Consulting/SI partner’s annual performance metrics and outcomes to nurture growth and optimize channel revenues
- Estimated 30% travel
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Minimum of 10 years in a business development leadership role, with 6+ years in the software technology industry (Bonus if you have initiated partnerships with major firms such as Accenture, McKinsey, Deloitte etc.)
- Strong experience in architecting and nurturing influenced sales revenue/business plans
- Experience in working with global systems integrators
- Contract negotiation skills required
- Demonstrated success in program and/or relationship management
- Collaborative team player with experience in matrix structure organizations
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability of interacting and presenting to senior level management and cross-departmental collaboration
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Results oriented, customer focused, and able to plan, organize and coordinate the necessary arrangements to achieve successful, sustainable business results
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Google Suite skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Software industry experience, preferably Software-as-a-Service or integration technology experience preferred
- Education industry expertise
- HR or HR tech experience
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $205,000-$253,750 and eligibility for significant variable compensation, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth