Vice President, Corporate Development at Billtrust
Reporting directly to our President, this individual will play an instrumental role coordinating a variety of strategic initiatives across our business. The ideal candidate is capable of effectively interacting with all levels in an organization, has strong underlying finance and operational metric understanding, experience leading planning and execution of strategic initiatives as well as managing the sourcing and execution of acquisitions.
- Coordinate strategic planning and manage the ongoing reporting, tracking and communication of strategic initiative progress across the business
- Partner with functional and business unit leaders to drive business planning and investment decisions and ongoing performance management
- Lead in-depth analyses on trends and forecasts that will assist in operational decision-making across the company
- Lead the companies M&A research, sourcing relationships, pursuit and execution activities
- Collaborate in the development and ongoing management of financial and operational models to understand business trends, performance and to inform business planning
- MBA preferred, Bachelor's degree Business, Finance, Economics or a related field or 10 years of related experience required
- Ability to independently and collaboratively translate high level objectives into actionable work plans and strategies
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, and or strategic finance
- Excellent strategic planning and financial management skills - ability to evaluate business initiatives and collaborate closely with finance team to model expected investment returns, success metrics, performance milestones, and make action recommendations based upon ongoing performance
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills - able to develop concise arguments and influence others through data and presentation
- High degree of technical knowledge - capable of working with large datasets to extract information and tell a story
- Deep knowledge of finance and accounting principles as well as financial statements and business forecasting
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven business acumen in analyzing businesses to identify and prioritize areas of improvement
- Conducts interactions with a high level of integrity and trust
- Competitive salary, bonus, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and for outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values. Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.