Vice President of Client Partnerships, CPG
Do you enjoy winning big by virtue of helping your clients to disrupt legacy media and promotional tactics? Are you an executive leader with excellent communication, selling and business development skills? If so, you may be a great fit for our Vice President of Client Partnerships role within our CPG vertical. In this position, you will be responsible for achieving revenue goals by building relationships and closing deals with major CPG brands. In additional to strategic sales responsibilities, you will also directly lead a team of motivated sales and account management professionals.
- Independently develop and deliver sales presentations that educate prospective clients on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Attract, recruit, lead and retain a team of Client Partnerships Directors, Account Executives, Client Success Managers, and Client Development Associates
- Assist Senior Vice President in setting the strategic vision for the Client Partnerships department and own the execution of key departmental projects
- Meet/exceed annual revenue targets through the development, advancement and closure of client partnerships
- Identify and build relationships with key prospects such as brand executives, managers and advertisers through cold calling, networking and referrals
- Ensure high retention of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Partner with other functional teams to ensure client campaigns are successfully executed from start to finish
- Learn and leverage key principles of the “Challenger Sales Model” to maintain control of challenging and complex client opportunities
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience, including 5+ leading a team
- Experience selling digital, mobile, or media advertising solutions, ideally to CPG firms
- World class written and verbal communication skills; ability to develop client pitch decks from scratch and communicate those messages to senior clients (Candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- A strong competitive spirit with a high team orientation
- Experience building and cultivating relationships with strategic external partners
- Prior experience working in a high paced, evolving environment
- Willingness to achieve excellence across the entire sales spectrum (i.e., email outreach, cold calls, in-person presentations, etc.)
- Travel of up to 50% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $400 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, commuter stipend, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.