Unified Communication Engineer
The Unified Communications Engineer will design, deploy and support the Arrow Electronics Voice and Video services. This includes technical readiness, architectural design, networking requirements and global adoption.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and implement Teams SIP Direct Routing solution.
- Escalation support of Teams PSTN Calling, PSTN Conferencing and Cloud PBX functionality.
- Programming, configuration, and setup of Teams enabled telephone sets and adjunct equipment.
- Creating, maintaining, and deleting of Teams Cloud PBX, PSTN Calling and PSTN Conferencing accounts.
- Partner with Microsoft on Preview and TAP programs to identify potential new capabilities and improve service delivery.
- Manage Teams quality and reliability.
- Support of cloud UC/Contact Center solutions and vendor management for those solutions
- Technical administration support for all Teams video systems located throughout North America.
- Provide patch management support for all Microsoft Teams Room systems with Vendor assistance.
- Provide preventive maintenance and repair support with Vendor assistance.
- Help facilitate the design and implementation of all new systems with Management and Vendor support.
- Support the day to day setup and support of Teams video conference calls.
- Provide onsite support of all Denver Executive Video/Voice conference calls.
- Prepare systems standards and process documentation.
- Maintain a high standard for customer support.
- Maintain a positive attitude, and project a high level of professionalism.
- Obtain quotes, process PO's and invoice as needed.
- Cost savings research and analysis.
- Provide support on escalated issues.
- Provide periodic on-call support during non-business hours.
What We Are Looking For
- Significant experience with Unified Communications (UC) solutions, preferably Teams, Skype for Business, Exchange, Active Directory and a working knowledge of IP/PBX systems and components.
- Proven experience with PSTN infrastructure components like Voice over IP (VoIP) gateways, Session Boarder Controllers (SBC) and networking technologies that include bandwidth management and Quality of Service (QoS).
- Understanding of IT project planning and deployment and working knowledge of how to drive customer projects to success.
- Experience with deploying and supporting Logitech Group/TAP room systems
- Demonstrate excellent communication and planning skills
- Minimum of (8+) years of job-related experience driving complex engineering projects and supporting enterprise class voice and video services.
- Detailed understand on the administration, maintenance and support for Teams including number porting and moves/adds/changes.
- Experience in administering Teams in Office 365.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple requests in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills.
- Light to medium travel required at times.
- Willingness to respond quickly when On-Call and working on projects after-hours.
- Implementation experience with Teams SIP Direct Routing.
- Proficient in the administration, maintenance and support for All Video systems (Polycom, Crestron, AMX).
- Proficient in using Excel, Power Point, Visio, Microsoft Project/Planner.
- Experience with Voice Over IP deployments and related technologies.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)