Transport Sourcing Manager at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Technology Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing complete transport fiber sourcing oversight for DISH's fiber optic transport network focused on both lit and dark services. Additionally, you will manage, understand, and negotiate Transport MSA and SLA contracts, for both lit and dark fiber, and work in conjunction with the engineering groups to understand and apply the technical specifications as required. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Technology Sourcing, and may require some travel.
By joining our Transport Engineering team, you will get the opportunity to design and build out all of the optical transport network between data centers as well as between all the cell sites in the data centers across the country. We are looking for people who are not afraid of the challenge, working in a fast-paced and chaotic environment, who are not afraid to take the next step. We want you to be adventurous, explore new paths, and do things differently than what has ever been done before.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Negotiates multi-million dollar complex transport contracts, evaluating suppliers, and defining demand
- Utilize knowledge and experience, serving as a subject-matter expert for internal fiber contract negotiation, including submitting and managing exception requests and consumption orders.
- Manage Purchase Order process for project needs, requesting PO's, receiving PO's, and managing OCNR.
- Overall management of several concurrent large fiber suppliers, projects and network-related transport initiatives that are high profile, technically complex and unique in nature.
- Track network projects as it pertains to the transport team such as vendor diversification, cost reduction Initiatives, and site availability evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The successful Technology Sourcing Manager will have:
- 3+ years Transport experience
- Experience managing and negotiating transport "Master Service Agreements" MSAs, "Standard Level Agreements" SLAs and "Request for Proposals" RFPs
- Must have a strong understanding of transport architecture, ethernet, and transport infrastructure components
- Proficiency in using Excel including analyzing large data sets and building costs models
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.