Tier II Noc Engineer- Denver, CO
IntelePeer is a leading provider of on-demand, cloud-based business communication solutions. Delivering high-quality HD voice, messaging and contact center solutions for enterprises and contact centers, IntelePeer’s SIP services and Atmosphere® platform delivers an unprecedented level of simplicity, analytics, savings and control. Designed to keep pace with rapidly evolving business needs, SIP combines the highest quality, reliability and security in easily deployed solutions. The Atmosphere® platform delivers cost effective, competitive-edge services including IVR, Virtual Automated Call Distribution (VACD), Virtual Predictive Dialer (VPD), Cloud Routing, and SMS/Email applications.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Tier II Operations
In this position based in Denver, CO, you will resolve technical customer issues ranging from routine to difficult within the IntelePeer VoIP network and Cloud Platform services. Perform Inter-Operations testing with new Enterprise customers. Review hourly and daily reporting activities on multiple network elements/services and take immediate action if necessary. Coordinate event management to restoration of service. Develop and test procedures to conduct routine preventative maintenance on network services and cloud services.
- Troubleshoot, Analysis, Testing, and perform on-boarding for CPAAS, UCAAS, and SIP customers
- Good working level knowledge of IP, Routing and Switching to be able to configure, test, and deploy SD-WAN technologies
- Work with new Enterprise customers to complete detailed integration for SIP testing. This requires very detailed knowledge of SIP messaging.
- Serve as Tier 2 escalation point for NOC escalations
- Rotation on-call for NOC escalations
- Act as interface between customer and carrier to facilitate repairs for all CPAAS platform and VOIP trunk related issues.
- Utilize Soft Switch, Accounting, Debug and, Syslogs, as well as other tools to troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Monitor and react to low ASR/CSR reports
- Constantly look for ways to improve ASR/CSR and low call duration rates.
- Monitor and restore any call quality related issues to include busies, breaks in service, etc.
- Isolate Capacity related issues and engage the proper groups to remedy the issue.
- Work with Provisioning technicians and assist with new installs, repairs and certifications.
- Assist/recommend development of automation agents utilized to improve the efficiency and monitoring capabilities of the group.
- Work with the Tier 1 and Engineering to rapidly restore and maintain the network
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Communications, Computer Science, Networking or similar technical field highly preferred
Expertise & Experience:
- Knowledge of SIP, SoftSwitch functionality, IP, UNIX, OSPF, VoIP, MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Outlook, IVMS, ticketing process and procedures
- Good understanding of Cloud Platform and services with an understanding of VMware, VCenter, and Cloud based Applications
- Background in Co-Carrier trunk management, IP protocols and VOIP.
- Knowledge of Unified Communications Systems (MS OCS 2007/Lync 2010, Cisco IME/Call Manager)
- Strong understanding of different media gateways, soft switch functionality and firewall configurations.
- Familiar in the use of network monitoring equipment to include but not limited to: Sonus EMS, Empirix Hammer, Wireshark, SmokePing, and Unix monitoring scripts.
- Working knowledge of IP routing.
- Unix operator-level skills (file-system navigation, file parsing, light scripting)
- Positive attitude and ability to interact with Customer and Vendor representatives.
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Must have the ability to work off-shift/flexible hours as required.
- Familiarity with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Outlook
- Quality-, customer service-, and continuous improvement-driven to consistently delight internal and external customers
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others