Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer
Job Type: Full-Tme
Location: Denver, CO
What if you could support solutions that are changing the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
RingCentral Global Service and Support is all about the customer—devoted to making sure every customer’s need is met, and that they’re able to use our products effectively and easily.
As a member of the Global Service and Support team you’ll lead the post-sale experience for our customers. As our customers’ central point of contact, you’ll champion their needs, share deep product knowledge, provide innovative solutions, and build relationships that show our customers what “winning together” truly means.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
As a Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer, you will provide high value service and support to all our customers.
- You will need to love solving tricky problems, moving fast and working proactively with customers. You should be entrepreneurial and driven to help us grow our business.
- You will be passionate about customer satisfaction, supporting disruptive new services that businesses love to use, and working directly with customers as a trusted advisor.
- You will deliver value to customers by helping them get the most out of their RingCentral service.
- This will include helping them setup and optimize their hosted PBX solution to meet their business needs.
- It will also involve helping them troubleshoot their network, router, firewall and ISP connections to optimize their VOIP quality of service.
- Your technical work will enable seamless integration of RingCentral into their business.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide third level support to all RingCentral customers.
- Take technical escalations from first and second level support
- Investigate and reproduce possible product defects and proved details to Service Engineers
- Manage operations incidents working with the NOC to provide the customer perspective of the incident.
- Apply expert knowledge of RingCentral services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair RingCentral’s solutions
- Become an expert of the network architecture required to support RingCentral’s VoIP services
- Recommend network hardware, software and design elements
- Answer difficult technical questions, solve technical problems and suggest appropriate workarounds
- Utilize network performance monitoring tools to isolate and root cause issues
- Provide quick and accurate handling of support interactions – phone, chat, screen sharing, email
- Go the extra mile to follow-up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied
- Respond promptly to customer support issues while keeping detailed case notes
- Manage customer expectations and experience to deliver high customer satisfaction and increase retention
- Be an internal evangelist for providing excellent quality of service to every RingCentral customer
- Manage escalated issues and collaborate with other internal departments to expedite resolution
- Regularly achieve and exceed service level agreements and quality/customer satisfaction targets
- Create, maintain and improve processes and procedures for diagnosing and resolving voice quality issues
- Identify product and services upsell opportunities and describe RingCentral solutions in a compelling way
- Help develop and maintain customer facing and internal help articles
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills, perseverance and patience
- 5+ yrs experience in customer focused role such as pre-sales engineer or post-sales technical support
- Expert in VOIP technology including SIP, RTP, QoS, COS, codecs
- Expert in advanced network troubleshooting and terminology including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, PBX deployment, TCP/IP (IPv4), DNS, etc.
- Networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus - Cisco CCNA or equivalent is desirable
- Experience configuring, updating and supporting VOIP solutions in a multi-location environment
- Experience supporting telecommunications, networking or Software-as-a-Service products
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Experience working for a company known for its focus on customer service
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, end users, developers
- Excellent on-time and attendance record
- Self motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference
- At least 2nd year college graduate or associates degree required - Computer Science or related field desirable
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.