Threat Intelligence Analyst II at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Threat Intelligence Analyst II
Threat Intelligence Analysts are primarily responsible for the daily monitoring/or maintenance of the enterprise Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution. The main duties of the people within this role are administrations of the DLP environments, monitoring user behaviors and identifying behavioral risks, and responding to alerts that are generated by the tool. This position interacts and engages with Ball Aerospace decision makers, risk managers, IT operations, network operations, legal, HR, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with vendors to support the DLP technology (troubleshooting, patching, etc.).
- Administration of the DLP tools policy configurations and reporting.
- Monitor and respond to alerts generate from DLP tool, UEBA, and other security analytics software
- Understand and follow the incident response process.
- Utilize insider threat toolkit (UEBA, DLP, Security Analytics) to support investigations.
- Provide forensic support for incident response and investigations efforts alongside Ball Aerospace’s Threat Intelligence, Counterintelligence, Insider Threat, Cyber, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Ethics and Physical Security teams.
- Prepare and present analysis with findings and recommendations, in the form of briefings, reports, or dashboards to senior leadership, managers, and leads as required.
- Support and maintain DLP and Data Protection policies, training, and processes.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on gaps, best practices, and controls that are appropriate to mitigate vulnerabilities and threats.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 6 or more years of experience within one or more of the following:
- Supporting Information Security Technology
- Cyber Threat Operations or Threat Intelligence
- Analytical support to Intelligence Community or Military
- At least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following areas (recommended):
- Information Security concepts related to Governance, Risk & Compliance.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology support and event handling.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to independently research and solve technical issues.
- Knowledge of Digital and Computer Forensics.
- Experience working within high paced environment.
- Excellent teaming skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $95,000 - $129,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.