Technology Business Consultant Specialist for FIS Payments Software (IST Switch) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS is looking for a Technology Business Consultant Specialist to join our Payments Software team in North America locations. This position will provide technical guidance to our clients, formulate system scope and objectives, and serve as a liaison between end-users and consultants during consulting projects.
What you will be doing
Elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies, and information systems. Translate business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret network manuals
- Relate the information on both a business and semi technical level to help bridge the understanding between the developers, testers, project team and clients
- Assist testers with creating use case to help build test cases
- Ability to validate test results provided by testers
- Ability to comprehend developer design docs to match back to the requirements
- Technical writing proficiency
- Identify and oversee requirement problems, drive resolution
- Analyze technical documentation, publication, operating regulations
- Define, develop, and manage certification requirements and validation
- Interact and coordinate with resources across multiple groups
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Major network scheme transaction flow and primary components
- Global network schemes and/or networks that are primary pin based for an entire country or region.
- American Express
- Dual Message Clearing experience would be nice to have
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.