Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician IV – Vibration
The Technician IV –Vibration will be responsible to perform test operations and monitoring of dynamic vibration test equipment used to support engineering development and production of aerospace flight hardware. Tasks may require application of both technical theory and practical knowledge in the testing of a wide variety of company products and systems. Tasks may include operating, maintaining and monitoring of complex vibration and shock test equipment. Specific role requirements include:
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and maintain required test logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Perform 6S tasks on a daily basis.
- Work with internal and external customers and will be responsible for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of vibration test operations.
- Will be required to apply computer skills to access & input data via computer interface, automated equipment or test equipment. Will collect and analyze computer data.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Assist higher level technicians and engineers with test operations.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Should have a working knowledge of vibration and acoustic instrumentation including accelerometers, microphones, charge amplifiers, signal conditioners, force sensors, oscilloscopes, TRMS voltmeters, and low/high pass filters.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and vibration control systems, IDEAS, MATLAB, Agile and IFS are a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- General understanding of calibrated equipment is preferred.
- Mechanical abilities and familiarity with hand tools.
- Must enjoy working in a process-controlled environment. Capable of executing to technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Self-starter who can work independently, and / or with minimal supervision and a very high attention to detail.
- Capable of performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Flexibility with work schedule including occasional weekend and / or second shift work
- Will be required to get company certifications to operate a forklift, overhead crane, ESD, fall protection, cleanroom, LOTO, FOD.
- Any environmental testing e.g. thermal cycle, vibration, EMC / EMI experience a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.96 - $35.10 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.