Technician IV - Test at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technician IV – Test
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct and support performance and functional tests on flight hardware, boxes, antennas, assemblies, sub systems, and flight products, during all phases of the hardware evolution process.
- Execute specific step by step test procedures to record & verify test data results and report out of tolerance conditions.
- Perform and assist in functional tests on, as well as monitor environmental testing parameters during Thermal Vacuum, Vibration, EMI, and Acoustics testing.
- Provide direct technical support to a team during various (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) shift operations, as well as provide technical support during extended working hours, weekends, and holidays to meet critical schedules.
- Provide technical support towards electrical, electro-mechanical, cryogenics, and electro-optical test set-ups.
- Respond quickly to immediate tasks in their area of functional disciplines and develop cross functional skills.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the functionality or design of the products.
- Perform ring-out and certification tests of the products used in the work centers.
- Deliver work with a keen attention to cost and schedule and a consideration for the re-use and producibility.
- Work effectively in a team environment and refer questions and problems to area Lead or Supervisor.
- Support IRAD development of RF antenna assemblies and sub-assemblies to administer proof of concept protocols. Some IRAD work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of each task.
- Document and record specialized test set-up configurations, in order to replicate consistent and repeatable test results.
- Apply touch labor skills in association with RF test facilities, RF chambers, and associated RF equipment, & tooling.
- Work with mechanical tooling, jigs, and fixtures to fabricate and construct a test set-up configurations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Aerospace, spacecraft, instrument, sub-assembly, experience preferred.
- Environmental testing experience e.g., Vibration, Thermal Vacuum, EMI, Acoustic preferred.
- Enhanced performance skills in various flight component test operations preferred.
- An electronic background or related degree to effectively support electronic test operations.
- Ability to be versatile and contribute well to high-energy team environments.
- Ability to independently operate Frequency analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, and O-scopes, Power supplies, Multi-Meters, and Data acquisition monitoring devices.
- Ability to interpret electrical & mechanical drawings, specifications, notes, and wire lists.
- An ability to be trained to obtain specialized certifications required, to perform the assembly and fabrication operations. (Clean room, ESD, FOD, Crane, Solder, Splicing, Crimping, J-STD, IPC-610/620)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- A good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Ability to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Ability to self-start, be ambitious, and conscientious with a very high attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $26.44 - $35.82 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.