Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician IV – Metrology
What You’ll Do:
- Work rotating shift.
- Calibrate, repair and maintain electrical, physical, and dimensional M&TE (Measuring and Test Equipment).
- Document calibration and repair activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Write and review calibration procedures.
- Interface with internal customers and outside vendors.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience; or Related 2-year technical degree plus 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Military PMEL (Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory) training is desired.
- Experience in at least three of the following areas of calibration: electrical, pressure, flow, force, temperature, humidity, vibration, torque, dimensional.
- A good working knowledge of electrical, physical, and dimensional standards used in calibration.
- Familiarity with calibration system requirements (ANSI Z540, ISO 17025).
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.96 - $35.10 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.