Technician IV - Harness at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician IV - Harness
What You’ll Do:
- Fabricate highly reliable aerospace harnesses for Flight and non-Flight applications.
- Execute standards, practices, and procedures to meet product / program requirements.
- Solder, crimp, shield terminations, encapsulation and complex harness repair operations as needed.
- Support to PWB assembly may be required, including, but not limited to, hand soldering of electronic components and assistance with automated assembly equipment.
- Cross-train with other tasks across the organization.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Know how to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and complex assembly instructions in order to fabricate harnesses.
- Competencies in soldering, crimping, shield termination as well as complex cable rework / repair operations.
- Ability to perform operations on very small wire gauges under a microscope.
- Ability to use handheld testing equipment (ex. DMM) to verify harness construction.
- Know connector care, mating, de-mating, cleaning, identification, and inspection.
- Ability to obtain or be currently certified to: Workmanship Requirements for Electronics and Cable Assemblies in accordance with IPC J-STD-001, IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and NASA-STD-8739.4; Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in accordance with ANSI S20.20; and Polymerics use and application.
- Aerospace, clean room and flow bench and experience working with critical Flight hardware preferred.
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a lab/production environment majority of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management.
- Competence with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room or manufacturing floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.96 - $35.10 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.