Technician III - Radio Frequency at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technician III - Radio Frequency
This position will have RF research and development (R&D) support as its area of specialization.
What You’ll Do:
- Will be under the general direction of one or more design and manufacturing engineers but will have considerable autonomy in getting the job done.
- RF R&D includes primarily RF components (amplifier and switch testing, electronic circuit troubleshooting and repair), but may expand into other areas including antennas and antenna-related components that are in RF/microwave instruments.
- RF R&D Manufacturing support requires mechanical, as well as RF capabilities to build and test the RF components in question.
- Perform standard duties and tasks and will resolve routine questions and problems independently.
- Work will be performed under general direction on a day-to-day basis and will be reviewed upon completion.
- Develop thorough technical solutions to a wide range of problems and may direct less-experienced employees.
- Must be able to relate well with other people both from the engineering and production ranks both verbally and in written form.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to develop a wide range of R&D-support capabilities, so that he or she can get involved in either multiple programs or multiple aspects of the same program, is desirable.
- General knowledge of hand tools and Electrical/RF test equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, DVM, etc.).
- Machining capabilities, AutoCAD and a working knowledge of a network analyzer are desirable.
- Should have a general appreciation of RF theory and knowledge of S-parameters.
- Training in soldering, bonding and sealing, machining, network analyzer operation, and antenna troubleshooting.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $24.04 - $32.45 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.