Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician III – Mechanical
Technician will be responsible for performing intermediate level mechanical assembly tasks, working in a classified team environment, and interfacing with internal customers. Assembly tasks could include bonding, staking, torqueing, and machining piece parts and assemblies to engineering requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Apply an intermediate level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly and manufacturing operations.
- Apply intermediate competency in the use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Required to apply solid computer skills to access and input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Required to work effectively in a team environment. Answers routine questions of lower level technicians, while referring more difficult issues to higher levels.
- Work will typically be inspected for completeness and accuracy.
- Support other work areas as necessary that could include MLI, Clean Lab, and Metal Finish
- Perform mechanical assembly operations including bonding, staking, torqueing and critical moves. Work to detailed drawings in a clean room environment interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Travel to, and support, complex field operations for flight hardware from delivery, launch, and post launch operations.
- Maintain electronic build documents, required logs, records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Review and correctly interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Plan and successfully machine using manual mills and lathes to precision tolerances of (less than 0.005).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI is required.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude, along with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Basic fabrication or machining skills.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Current Clearance Required:
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $23.56 - $31.73 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.