Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician II – Tetra Etch Lab
This position is intended to provide cross-functional support across the Manufacturing Shops and Service Center work centers. The primary assignment will be in the Tetra Etch Lab work center; however, cross-training and flexing to the other work centers will be a core responsibility of this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Tetra Etch Lab operations. Perform a variety of tasks associated with the manufacture of preparation of materials/products for subsequent bonding and painting operations.
- Support PAB fabrication process including all steps related to print and etch board fabrication.
- Perform processes related to the application of immersion tin.
- Perform processes related to the chemical etch of Copper and Aluminum.
- Perform proprietary process to chemically etch dielectric materials for bond/paint.
- Operate equipment related to chemical tanks, chemical cleaning, etching and strip operations.
- Handle, dispense, transport, mix and work with lab chemicals, hazardous materials and hazardous waste products.
- Assist in the maintenance, preventive maintenance and operation of lab equipment plant waste water processing equipment.
- Read, comprehend and perform technical processes as defined by specification or standard.
- Analyze, reduce and record data. Perform mathematical calculations as required.
- May assist in the development of process specifications or work standards.
- Maintain required materials and process logs, records and reports in accordance with company policies and local, state or federal regulation.
- Initiate emergency procedures in case of power failure; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Will apply an intermediate level of knowledge and skills related to PAB fabrication, chemistry and chemical processes.
- Will apply an intermediate level of skill in the use of lab equipment and chemical processing.
- Will be required to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Will utilize reading & comprehension skills to follow documented process instruction.
- Will be required to work effectively in a team environment, referring questions and problems to area Lead or Supervisor.
- Work will typically be self-inspected for completeness and accuracy before signing-off on Etch lab manufacturing operations.
- Make suggestions, which contribute to increased productivity.
- Support other Manufacturing Shops and Service Centers, including but not limited to:
- Flashcut work center:
- Perform all tasks associated with preparing, cutting, packaging, and delivery of materials cut on the Flashcut machine (primarily film adhesives)
- Paint work center:
- Support preparation, application and cure operations associated with the application of environmental coatings on aerospace hardware.
- Autoclave work center:
- Bag assemblies to prepare for autoclave bonding
- Operate autoclave vessels
- Unbag assemblies after bonding
- Flashcut work center:
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must be able to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.