Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician II - Paint Tech - Weekend Shift
This position is intended to provide cross-functional support across the Manufacturing Process Centers in Westminster. The primary assignment will be in the Paint Lab on a weekend shift Fri-Mon 4/10’s; however, cross-training and flexing to the other work centers will be a core responsibility of this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with solvents, acids and bases, and using personal protective equipment, gloves, safety glasses and use of a respirator is required. Must understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Position requires strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Position requires ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints to determine masking and painting requirements.
- Core duties include, but are not limited to: surface preparation for painting operations; detailed masking; un masking; final cleaning of parts; operation of paint equipment and ovens; and, preparation of paint for application to hardware.
- Position requires the ability to learn and perform application of paint coatings
- Position requires ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling and chemical replenishment
- Support other work centers, including but not limited to:
- Adhesive Cutting Lab:
- Perform all tasks associated with preparing, cutting, packaging, and delivery of materials cut on the Zund or Atom Flashcut machine (primarily film adhesives)
- Autoclave Work Center:
- Bag assemblies to prepare for autoclave bonding
- Operate autoclave vessels
- Unbag assemblies after bonding
- Lay-up assemblies and prepare for bagging operations
- Printed Circuit (PC) work center:
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with the manufacture of Printed Antenna Boards (PAB’s) and preparation of materials/products for subsequent bonding and painting operations. Handle, dispense, transport, mix and work with lab chemicals, hazardous materials and hazardous waste products.
- Adhesive Cutting Lab:
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must have masking, and paint experience.
- Must be able to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.