Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician I - Paint – 2nd Shift
This is an exciting new position that will provide cross-functional support in the Boulder Process Centers. The primary assignment will be in the Paint work center; learning to paint 3D hardware as well as applying multiple paint schemes There is also the ability to cross-training throughout the department in areas such as Metal Finish, Critical clean and or Lubrication Labs.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with solvents, acids and bases, and using personal protective equipment, gloves, safety glasses and use of a respirator is required. Must understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Position requires strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Position requires ability to read and interpret mechanical blue prints to determine masking and painting requirements.
- Core duties include but are not limited to: surface preparation for painting operations; detailed masking; un masking; final cleaning of parts; operation of paint equipment and ovens; and, preparation of paint for application to hardware.
- Must be able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and resolutions
- Position requires the ability to learn and perform application of paint coatings
- Position requires ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling and chemical replenishment
- Support other work centers, including but not limited to:
- Metal Finish processes include anodizing, chromate conversion coating, etching and passivation. Exacting masking standards are required for many of the processes.
- Critical Clean provides precision cleaning of hardware, assemblies and subassemblies. Stringent post cleaning verification testing is required.
- Lubrication provides cleaning and lubrication of motors, gearboxes, bearings and fasteners. Disassembly, lubrication and reassembly of intricate and delicate hardware is often required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must be able to work under Constructive direction towards predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Must have masking experience.
- Ability to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Must be able to relate well with others, and guide and lead less experienced employees.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.51 - $24.52 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.