At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician Associate – Paint Prep
At the Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) location in Westminster, CO, we develop and manufacture state of the art tactical technologies including stealth antennas, electronic warfare platforms, and multispectral imaging systems. Technological developments are driving rapid expansion of our manufacturing capabilities to support customer demands. If you’d like to join our growing manufacturing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you!
You will get to work with state-of-the-art military, space, and tactical equipment. The role is hands-on, technically challenging, and allows you to contribute to impactful projects with exciting missions. Working alongside highly skilled people including engineers and technicians where there is space to learn and grow. This position will support the Westminster paint work center in preparing hardware for various coatings. You’ll be an important and integral part of the team executing surface prep, masking, and unmasking the hardware.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with solvents and chemicals using personal protective equipment, gloves, safety glasses and chemical apron. Must understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Handle, transport, and hang hardware with care. Hardware could be heavy, fragile, bendable, or otherwise breakable or can tear or rip. This work requires attention and care to work expediently but not recklessly.
- Mix various paints for touchups using specific ratios defined by manufacturer and/or Ball Aerospace specifications.
- Core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting incoming hardware
- Surface preparation for painting operations including abrading and cleaning surfaces using various solvents
- Detailed masking utilizing paper, tape, rubber, and 3D printed materials
- Hanging delicate hardware on racks and carts
- Final cleaning of parts
- Operation of paint equipment and ovens
- Mixing paint for touchups
- Reading and signing off on work instructions and submitting forms where necessary
- Be an engaged team member helping to improve operations and our efficiency by offering suggestions.
- Be open and receptive to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Position requires the ability to learn and perform application of paint coatings.
- Position requires ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling, and chemical replenishment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- An ability (or willingness to learn) to read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, and illustrations to determine masking and painting requirements. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must be able to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.31 - $23.08 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.