Technician Associate - Electrical Assembly at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technician Associate – Electrical Assembly
What You’ll Do:
- Fabricate and rework non-flight hardware in either production or development settings using build documents and assembly drawings (e.g. cable, chassis, rack assemblies, test aids, etc.).
- Possess skills for assembling cabling - such as wire stripping, crimping, installing connectors, soldering, installing sleeving and grounding schemes.
- Interpret electrical drawings, mechanical drawings and wire lists accurately.
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware problems associated with product design or workmanship issues.
- Perform continuity and certification tests on a variety products and hardware.
- Conduct assignments and produce desired results in an efficient and effective manner, paying close attention to cost, schedule and consideration for the manufacturability and reuse of hardware.
- Measure/record test data and recognize/report out of tolerance conditions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Up to one year of related experience as a Technician in Electronics/Electrical Assembly work is preferred.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and have the ability to exercise them effectively in a technical environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude, hand-eye coordination, dexterity and have the ability to work effectively with a variety of hand tools.
- Must be a motivated and ambitious self-starting individual with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be properly trained and obtain necessary certifications to perform required assembly and fabrication operations (e.g. Cleanroom, Electrostatic Discharge Protection, J-STD-001 Soldering, IPC-A-620 Cable & Wire Harness Assemblies, etc.).
- Demonstrated working relationship with other disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required.
- Ability to learn and execute basic computer skills such as data entry and data query.
- Ability to read and follow complex schematics, assembly drawings, and execute test procedures.
- Willingness to learn Ball process software tools like Agile and Velocity.
- Ability to effectively work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy tooling and fixtures.
- Availability and willingness to provide expeditious technical support and work overtime as required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.31 - $23.08 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.