At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technician Apprentice - Materials and Process – General Lab
Successful candidate will work in a high paced laboratory service environment supporting various aspects of a multi-disciplined chemical/physical testing laboratory organization. This laboratory position supports the manufacture and development of antennas used in commercial and military applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Measure material strength properties under tension and compression loads to support production and R&D efforts.
- Perform testing of materials and hardware in vacuum, elevated temperature, depressed temperature, and under humidity.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Assist in application of coatings to hardware.
- Perform electrical properties testing of materials for use on or near electrostatic sensitive devices.
- Assist with set up and evaluation of ESD workstations for use with electrostatic sensitive hardware.
- Assist in adhesive bonding development activities using liquid adhesives.
- Perform density and other physical properties measurements of materials.
- Assist in preparation of metallurgical samples for microscopic examination.
- Assist with additive manufacturing (e.g. 3D printing) development and production.
- Support general laboratory activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Do:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus completion of at least 50% of the requirements towards completion of an electronic, mechanical or relative science technical program.
- Demonstrated ability to perform any and all tasks in BATC Technician Requirements.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven interpersonal skills and work well as a team player.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with typical chemicals and equipment used in a chemical and physical testing laboratory.
- Demonstrated strong mathematic skills such as calculate area and volume of geometric shapes.
- Mechanical aptitude with adept fine motor skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- This role is part time, 15-25 hours per week flexible within the core hours of 8:00am—4:00pm to support continuing with a concurrent technical education program.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.50 - $20.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.