Technician Apprentice- HVAC/Electrical Maintenance at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician Apprentice– HVAC/Electrical Maintenance
Technician will be responsible for performing entry level HVAC/Electrical maintenance tasks, working in a team environment, and interfacing with internal customers. Experience will be developed with equipment related to refrigeration controls, electrical troubleshooting, building controls systems, computerized maintenance management systems, clean rooms, environmental testing/screening, pneumatic systems, steam and humidification systems, hydronic heating and cooling systems, and high-purity water systems. Tasks could include supporting critical inspections and preventative maintenance, dismantling and repairing systems, troubleshooting, and system installation.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn to install, operate, test and maintain equipment in various facilities and perform industry standard safety procedures.
- Dismantle, inspect, and repair various mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and/or control systems to ensure proper operation.
- Perform a variety of maintenance assignments with building infrastructure equipment at the Westminster, Broomfield, and Boulder facilities.
- Assist and support facilities engineering, construction, and maintenance departments, etc. in the service, repair, testing, and installation of a wide variety of building infrastructure systems.
- Read and interpret schematics.
- Provide guidance for maintaining and servicing equipment and develop solutions that minimize downtime for complex problems.
- Author and execute maintenance plans using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Develop and maintain resources for parts and service maintenance activities.
- Maintain electronic maintenance records, required logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus completion of at least 50% of the requirements towards completion of a mechanical, electrical or relative science technical program.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude along with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and basic power tools.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual.
- Ability to function in a team environment by effective communication both verbal and non-verbal.
- This role is part time, 15-25 hours per week flexible within the core hours of 8:00am—4:00pm to support continuing with a concurrent technical education program
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.50 - $20.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.