Technical Trainer - Office 365
Are you looking to expand your career in IT Technical Training? Do you want the opportunity to develop and train a team of Support Engineers to deliver exceptional customer service? Tek Experts provides business and IT outsourcing services, and we take intense pride in helping companies handle their business operations.
The Technical Trainer will work with our Office 365 Technical Support Engineers and is the primary facilitator and designer of technical training programs and curriculums, both instructor-led (ILT) and on-line (eLearning), for employees on various Office 365 products and services.
This person is responsible for developing a wide variety of job skills training courses and supporting (tools usage skills, general work skills, product skills, etc…) and other technical courses as needed to build the technical competency of key technical staff supporting Commercial users of Office 365. In addition, this person is responsible for identifying and developing cutting edge training courses for self-paced or instructor led training activities following a systematic training development model similar to ADDIE or SAM.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proactively assess and identify training needs for multiple groups, as assigned.
- Coordinate/Facilitate Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources and working sessions to complete development projects on tight schedules to author, edit and update a variety of training products.
- Assist technical SMEs in providing course content
- Conduct necessary research to develop and revise labs, simulation exercises, and assessments to evaluate critical thinking skills and psychomotor skills of students within the classroom or laboratory environments, to determine if students are meeting learning and performance objectives.
- Interact with remote and local teams of product managers, engineers, application engineers and software developers to gather content and a working knowledge of software and hardware products.
- Communicate and collaborate with Coaches, Team Leads, Mentors and team members regarding training needs and initiatives
- Prepare conceptual graphics for print and online training.
- Plan, organize and design using a variety of instructional methods to ensure maximum delivery effectiveness, engaging interactive online training for distance learning.
- Develop training materials including lessons plans, instructor guides, student guides, short training videos, virtual labs, recorded webinars, and eLearning modules in support of multiple delivery modalities (instructor-led training, virtual training, self-paced training, etc…).
- Incorporate relevant tutorials, use cases, and digital storytelling into the courses to make the content engaging and “sticky”
- Coordinate packaging of placement of training products for access, localization and translation
- In case of external trainings – advise and coordinate the delivery of technical training courses
- Auditing and delivering technical product training (5%)
- Assist in designing and developing certification programs and certification tests
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong Customer Service Focus
- Adult learning skills
- Capable of managing own time and workload
- Flexible and proactive
- Team player and collaboration focused
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Very good organizational and planning skills
- Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Very good mentoring/coaching skills
- Committed to self-development and the subsequent development of others
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access skills
- Good eLearning authoring skills
- Technical expertise with Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems is highly desired
- Technical expertise with cloud and virtual environments is highly desired
- Technical expertise with networking and networking security is highly desired
- Technical expertise with databases and SQL applications is desired
- Technical expertise with scripting is desired
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.