Technical Trainer, Customer & Partner Community at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Technical Trainer to develop technical content and training materials for our outstanding Customers and Partner Community. In this role, you will own the development and execution of technical training as part of the CircleCI Customer Engineering Team. You will focus on enabling and training customers on all things CI/CD. We seek someone to help develop industry-leading training techniques and classes for modern-day professionals, through their expertise, drive, technical knowledge, and deep understanding of adult learning theory (or principals). You are bolstered by the challenge of training technical customers on highly technical concepts and committed to challenging and improving our status quo as it relates to customer learning.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Training, and will work alongside our team of Trainers and Document gurus. This role is integral to CircleCI’s significant growth plans, and we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, globally-minded, and committed to expansive learning environments.What you'll do:
You will develop and deliver training programs on CI/CD processes and technologies for both internal and external customers. Maintain existing training content and systems resulting from analysis of system development, regulatory mandates, and/or compliance. Provide presentations, demonstrations, advice, and consultancy relating to CircleCI systems and other related products. Evaluate to resolve if business outcomes have been achieved. Follow up to ensure continuous improvement. Proactively expand existing and build new knowledge. Track and Run Training projects using programs such as Jira, Asana, Skilljar to name a few
- Delivers a range of simple to sophisticated technical training content while demonstrating a clear understanding of multiple subjects for our customers
- Analyzes, researches and develops simple training content following instructional design theory. Tailors basic programs based on individual customer needs by reviewing internal materials and capturing the vital information. Presents programs for review and approval.
- Provides skills-based mentoring, knowledge development, training, and support for colleagues.
- Provides on-site/remote client support and training by advising and consulting on the application functionality of the system and ancillary products, primarily through following defined training materials with some deviation as needed. Training/support typically single trainer led.
- Takes the lead to deliver a basic training plan. Serves as the liaison between the client and CircleCI for all training through the project.
- Being a strong partner with product management, engineers, support, and sales enablement organizations to align on the training solution and be a voice of the customer to them.
- Evaluating and driving continuous improvement in training delivery, including the content, presenter, and classroom environment.
- Contributing to the training-related collateral and internal IT learning library.
You know how to capture lightbulb moments: you hone your questions and listening skills to recognize, build, and optimize “aha!” moments for learners. You enjoy working in both virtual and in-person environments with a globally distributed team. You’re passionate about coaching, love to learn, and cherish multi-functional collaboration. You are able to translate sophisticated topics into simple and clear explanations.
- Must possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management, and with customers Experience in troubleshooting and resolving installation or application errors in Windows and Linux environments
- Willingness to accept a Dev Bootcamp credential if you don't already have one
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objectives
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent work experience
- CI/CD Experience including but not limited to CircleCI, Jenkins, and Chef
- Comfortable with authoring tools such as Camtasia, Storyline, Adobe Captivate Experience using (or desire to learn) e-learning software and Enablement tooling (ex. Camtasia, Articulate 360, Gong, Salesforce, Skilljar, Confluence)
Advance Linux/Unix and Windows administration knowledge AWS CertificationAbout CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $83,000 - $97,500/yr, plus applicable bonuses