Technical Support Specialist at KPA
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (MST) on Monday, June 21, 2021
KPA (www.kpa.io) is a leading provider of EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) SaaS software, online training, and consulting services. KPA’s innovative software platform delivers the visibility and actionable insight necessary for organizations to proactively mitigate operational, regulatory and compliance-related risks – helping achieve regulatory compliance; control risk; protect assets; and effectively train, retain, and manage people.
Come join our team of talented professionals and work with a company that appreciates and rewards people who make a difference.
The role of the Technical Support Specialist is to assist customers who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of KPA’s applications, products or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups for resolution when needed, but the Technical Support Specialist is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
- Provide oversight and guidance to KPA’s Clients, SME and Partners and encourage a culture that under promises and over delivers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle incoming customer support issues and ensure response according to defined standards, documenting all related communication/information into a centralized ticketing system.
- Communicate recurring issues to staff effectively to help foster team cohesion.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution and engage tier 2 technical support when appropriate
- Address end-user concerns in a competent and professional manner.
- Provide daily review of completed help desk tickets for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide constant feedback toward quality improvements to our solutions and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Attend and grow from Product or Tier 2 training sessions as required for the handling of new product releases, processes or procedures.
- Become the trusted voice in KPA for customer issue resolution.
- You must be responsible, detail-oriented and conscientious. Your commitment to the customer and to the proper handling of their issues is of utmost importance.
- Very strong knowledge of computer technology as it relates to the real world.
- You should have the ability to make people comfortable with KPA’s technology and mission.
- Become a trusted voice for KPA customers, clients and partners from a customer success perspective.
- Familiarity with both the Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Capability to multi-task and address changing priorities is a must. Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to plan, organize, and track tasks for successful resolution.
- Generally two years’ experience solving computer problems.
- Certifications and technical degrees are desirable. Familiarity with compliance regulations is a plus.
- Of greatest importance is that you possess a commitment to guiding the issue to resolution – whether by yourself or by engaging escalation points within the client success organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability, being able to discuss and explain technical issues in non-technical terms to which a customer can relate.
- This position requires handling information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
Additional Information and Skills Needed
- This is not a fully remote position. While we remain remote during the pandemic, this position needs to sit locally. Please only apply if you are local, or intend on being local, to our headquarters in Lafayette, Colorado.
- Self-Directed work habits with the ability to manage time and schedule effectively.
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
- Good work habits under pressure and the ability to “think on your feet”.
- Highly proficient with the use of MS Office applications and similar software tool.
- High energy level.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, chat, and email support.
- Hourly rate of $19-21 per hour
- Annual bonus potential up to 7.5%
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Places to Work 2021 by Built In Colorado.
“To be ranked so highly in Built In’s Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA’s dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. “I believe we’ve developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers.”
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account (dependent on medical plan)
- Paid Time Off increasing with tenure
- Paid Holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- No-cost Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description