Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Technical Support Specialist provides first level technical support on Invitae Somatic Oncology products from the Invitae office in Boulder, CO. This individual will escalate customer inquires effectively, collect customer feedback and share this with internal teams to improve products. This individual will assist in coordinating activities for special programs as needed.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Triage and escalate technical support communications sent to Invitae, and document the communications.
- Resolve high level customer inquiries effectively.
- Escalate customer complaints internally
- Assist with the preparation of training and support collateral.
- Collect feedback and voice of the customer and share with internal teams to improve products
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of Invitae products
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical inquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- This individual will be familiar with next generation DNA sequencing on Illumina or Ion Torrent platforms.
- Skills preferred include: technical support, technical training, customer communication, quantifying nucleic acid, qPCR, NGS library prep
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google chrome browser/G-suite products
- Running Illumina or Ion Torrent instrumentation, sequencing and data analysis experience beneficial
- Positive external and internal relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Cancer Biology and molecular biology related research experience or knowledge is useful.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change oriented environment
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Bachelors’ degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, software or equivalent combination of training and experience
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $55,016. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.