Location: Europe based (Remote in the territory)
100% Remote from any EU countries
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About the role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Technical Support Scientist EMEA.
The person in this role provides in depth technical support and training on the products. The individual will also conduct sales and support trainings for Invitae employees. In addition, he/she will be the main source of communication between the Sales and Support teams and Assay development and R&D teams.
What you will do:
- Review, understanding, and compliance with Invitae's HIPAA Security policies and procedures;
- Safeguard the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data by understanding GDPR;
- Process and handle European Union personal data only as directed by Invitae for purposes of personalized molecular pathology;
- Support FusionPlex, VariantPlex, LiquidPlex and Immunoverse product lines.
What you will need:
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Deep knowledge of next generation DNA sequencing on Illumina or Ion Torrent platforms;
- Experience in technical training, public speaking, quantifying nucleic acid, qPCR, running Illumina or Ion Torrent instrumentation, NGS sequencing and data analysis;
- Strong Molecular Biology Applications background
- Customer facing experience preferred;
- Understanding of NGS bioinformatics tools
- Ability to carefully analyze NGS data in a troubleshooting context
- External and internal relationship-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community;
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems;
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals;
- Cancer Biology and Immunology related research experience or knowledge is useful
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within the company;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to adapt in a change-oriented environment;
- Driven to perform
- Needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV in English
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded.
Our vacancies are only intended for individuals.
Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.