Technical Support Scientist - Chemistry III (ADX-276-20)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
The Technical Support Scientist provides in depth technical support and training on ArcherDX products from Archer headquarters in Boulder, CO or at the Archer Lab in St. Louis, MO. This individual will also conduct sales and support trainings for Archer employees. In addition, this individual will be the main source of communication between the Sales and Support teams and Assay development and R&D teams. This individual will collect feedback and voice of the customer and share with internal teams to improve products. This individual will collect and curate Customer, Sales, and Support questions around the Archer Chemistry and their answers to those questions in the Archer Support Knowledge base (FAQs).
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Triage and answer technical support communications sent to Archer and document the communications.
- Resolve customer escalations effectively.
- Conduct internal and remote Archer trainings (wet lab and data analysis) for customers and documents the trainings.
- Conduct sales and support trainings by web conference and in-house as needed for Archer employees.
- Conduct pre-sales presentations by web conference as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of training and support collateral.
- Collect feedback and voice of the customer and share with internal teams to improve products
- Identify, characterize and report software bugs to software team
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of targeted sequencing methodologies for use in research and clinical based applications.
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical inquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Build the support knowledge base by curating customer, sales and support questions and their answers.
- Train and support customers involved with pre-launched, beta products (reagents and/or instruments).
- Additional duties as assigned
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data by understanding GDPR.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- This individual will be an expert with next generation DNA sequencing on Illumina or Ion Torrent platforms.
- Skills required include technical support, technical training, public speaking, quantifying nucleic acid, qPCR, running Illumina or Ion Torrent instrumentation, NGS sequencing and data analysis.
- Customer facing experience beneficial
- Understanding of NGS bioinformatics tools
- Strong Molecular Biology Applications background
- Ability to carefully analyze NGS data in a troubleshooting context
- Positive external and internal relationship-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Cancer Biology and Immunology related research experience or knowledge is useful
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change-oriented environment
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Read Full Job Description