Technical Support Representative
As a Technical Support Representative at FWI this individual will work closely with the Support Team to ensure that technical issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. The Technical Support Representative interacts directly with customers, our FWI Technical Support team, along with a number of other internal teams. This role has significant impact on the customer experience with FWI and can affect customer satisfaction and retention. This individual must exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
*This is a night shift position working with international customers*
- Provide technical support to FWI customers. Works with end users to ensure the software and hardware perform correctly. Ability to troubleshoot the customer’s network, security issues as well as server configurations.
- Accurately Record all telephone calls, emails, web and intercompany requests for technical support.
- Track and monitor the technical issue and the steps taken to resolve the issue to ensure a timely resolution.
- Ability to interface with all levels of users.
- Work with all departments and Tier levels to learn and understand basic understanding of the FWI’s software, services and hardware.
- Foster customer satisfaction through timely follow-up.
- Learn and understand all aspects for our Kaseya alerts.
- Work flexible hours, nights and weekends.
- Pass customer-required background screenings, including but not limited to the Nevada Gaming commission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Success:
- 1-3 years of technical support or networking/systems management experience.
- Proven ability to learn new software quickly for the purpose of supporting end users.
- Demonstrated and quantifiable troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with ticket management systems.
- Computer Science/Technical degree or equivalent experience.
Helpful for Success:
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems (experience configuring client systems, understanding of PC hardware to troubleshoot hardware failures remotely, File Management/Folder Structure, Registry Editing, NTFS (file sharing) Permissions, Group Policy).
- Experience with Networking (troubleshooting network failures, utilizing TCP/IP, ping, IP Addressing, Ports…FTP, SFTP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, Windows File Sharing, Routing, VLAN's, Static Routes, Firewall knowledge, VPN Connectivity understanding.
- Ability to resolve technical issues on Mac’s and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008 (Administration: Active directory, DNS, DHCP, Server roles).
- SQL/ MS SQL - Able to Create Users and Databases in SQL Management Studio.
- Moderate knowledge of Scripting.
- Experience with Remote Support tools—Logmein.com, Gotomeeting.com, VNC, Dameware, and RDP.
- Experience with VMWare configuration and usage.
- Knowledge of Spanish language both written and spoken including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar a plus.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.