Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS’ Managed IT services provide flexibility to financial institutions as their needs vary and evolve. Our experienced staff takes action to ensure your assets, systems and applications stay current and continuous. That’s why organizations in financial services and other industries rely on our team of experts who are dedicated to information, network and internet security.
What you will be doing:
As a Technical Support Representative, you will be responsible for delivering Level I & II technical support over the phone in a remote capacity. You will support and administer PCs, thin clients, peripherals, Citrix, various versions of Microsoft Exchange, VMware, servers, and routers adhering to the defined internal escalation process.
- Provides desk-side assistance in resolving technology support issues.
- Performs installations, repairs, upgrades, backups and other maintenance tasks.
- Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment (rotating on-call and holiday support may be required.
- Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and questions.
- Asks probing questions to gather relevant information on routine and complex calls.
- Uses effective listening skills to develop understanding of client questions or issues.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience providing end-user desktop support
- Skill in troubleshooting and using diagnostic tools for client accessibility problems to applications and network ( e.g., resetting password, bouncing PU, resetting remote devices
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
- Ability to provide appropriate level of support and guidance with FIS applications and procedures
- Effective use of listening skills to develop an understanding of client inquiries and problems
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally.
- High school diploma or GED
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.