Technical Support Engineer at LogRhythm (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. In this role you will focus on providing excellent customer experience centered on great technical support to LogRhythm customers worldwide.
Through formal and informal training's as well as working cross-functionally with other departments across LogRhythm, you will become an expert on all our products. This is an opportunity to grow your career in the exciting world of network security, audit, compliance, and technical operations.
You will report to our Manager, Technical Support based in our Boulder office.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Prioritize incidents based on impact and severity while ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Act as a single point of contact for incidents raised by our customers.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve incidents and problem cases relating to software and/or hardware challenges.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via remote session, phone or email until the issue is resolved.
- Track incident progress and analysis using our ticketing system as a point of reference.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Leverage the internal knowledge base to minimize time to resolution
- Contribute to the knowledge base where newly discovered issues occur and are resolved by you.
- Elevate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Gather appropriate evidence to contribute to ongoing support of incidents.
- Rule out common steps to resolve issues
- Manage your own backlog of incidents
- Follow up with clients daily to ensure they are kept up to date on progress or are progressing your requests in a timely fashion.
- Manage escalations as part of a customer assurance program.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all open incidents in accordance with the agreed action plan for that customer escalation.
- Maintain open communications with customer at a higher level than incidents to provide holistic visibility of ongoing issues.
- Manage your day to day scheduling to ensure time is given for personal development and training.
- Work with your manager to establish a technical training and personal development roadmap.
- Contribute to the overall success of ongoing projects as part of the global organizational objectives laid out by the leadership of the org.
- Contribute to the overall development of the support organization through mentoring, leadership and coaching.
- Experience in application support, server support, network support or similar skill set.
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Windows Server configuration and administration
- Good understanding of networking technologies such as firewalls, switches and routers.
- Familiarity with remote support technologies and help desk software (eg. WebEx, GoToMeeting, Salesforce))
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help on the phone, via remote session and email.
Nice to Have:
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Networking or similar technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server installation and administration
- Experience with logging systems (e.g., Syslog, Windows Event Log, SNMP & API)
- Strong organizational skills – comfortable with managing and prioritizing customer cases you own.
As part of your career at LogRhythm you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the following technologies through incident handling:
- Windows Server 2008R2 onwards
- MS SQL Server 2008 onwards
- Linux server (CentOS & RHEL)
- Grafana, Kibana
- Network Appliances familiarisation (F5, Checkpoint, Cisco)
- Syslog, SNMP, File Integrity Monitoring, Network monitoring (PCAP)
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
· 401k plan
· Flexible time off
· Birthday Day off
The annual starting salary for this position is $65,625 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Bring your Whole Self to Work!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. At LogRhythm, we know that diverse perspectives spark innovation, improve creativity, and position our team for success. Creating a culture where all are welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential is important to who we are today and in the future. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors.
- Gartner Leader in Security
- TB company
- Award-winning NexGen SIEM Platform