Technical Support Engineer at LogRhythm
Technical Support Engineer
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who we are looking for;
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in our Boulder office. In this role you will focus on providing excellent customer experience centered on great technical support to LogRhythm customers worldwide.
Through formal and informal training's as well as working cross-functionally with other departments across LogRhythm, you will become an expert on all our products. This is an opportunity to grow your career in the exciting world of network security, audit, compliance, and technical operations.
You will report to our Manager, Technical Support based in our Boulder office.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Prioritize incidents based on impact and severity while ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Act as a single point of contact for incidents raised by our customers.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve incidents and problem cases relating to software and/or hardware challenges.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via remote session, phone or email until the issue is resolved.
- Track incident progress and analysis using our ticketing system as a point of reference.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Leverage the internal knowledge base to minimize time to resolution
- Contribute to the knowledge base where newly discovered issues occur and are resolved by you.
- Elevate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Gather appropriate evidence to contribute to ongoing support of incidents.
- Rule out know fixes within Knowledge base
- Rule out common steps to resolve issues
- Manage your own backlog of incidents
- Follow up with clients daily to ensure they are kept up to date on progress or are progressing your requests in a timely fashion.
- Manage escalations as part of a customer assurance program.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all open incidents in accordance with the agreed action plan for that customer escalation.
- Maintain open communications with customer at a higher level than incidents to provide holistic visibility of ongoing issues.
- Manage your day to day scheduling to ensure time is given for personal development and training.
- Work with your manager to establish a technical training and personal development roadmap.
- Contribute to the overall success of ongoing projects as part of the global organizational objectives laid out by the leadership of the org.
- Contribute to the overall development of the support organization through mentoring, leadership and coaching.
- Experience in application support, server support, network support or similar skill set.
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Windows Server configuration and administration
- Good understanding of networking technologies such as firewalls, switches and routers.
- Familiarity with remote support technologies and help desk software (eg. WebEx, GoToMeeting, Salesforce))
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help on the phone, via remote session and email.
Nice to Have:
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Networking or similar technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server installation and administration
- Experience with logging systems (e.g., Syslog, Windows Event Log, SNMP & API)
- Strong organizational skills – comfortable with managing and prioritizing customer cases you own.
As part of your career at LogRhythm you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the following technologies through incident handling:
- Windows Server 2008R2 onwards
- MS SQL Server 2008 onwards
- Linux server (CentOS & RHEL)
- Grafana, Kibana
- Network Appliances familiarisation (F5, Checkpoint, Cisco)
- Syslog, SNMP, File Integrity Monitoring, Network monitoring (PCAP)
Salary and Other Compensation;
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $62,500-$75,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements;
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employees are eligible to receive incentive units
- Created:/ Revised Date: - 26th January 2021
- Reporting to: - Manager, Support
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.