Technical Support Engineer
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who we are looking for;
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team at our corporate office in Boulder, Colorado. We support over 4,000 global customers who are reliant on our software solution. The primary function for this role is to provide an excellent customer experience, centered on great technical support to LogRhythm customers. This role will work cross functionally with engineering, fulfillment, and sales.
The Technical Support Engineer will begin work by immersing themselves in the LogRhythm software, its functionality, operation, and underlying technology. There will be formal and informal training for the Technical Support Engineer to become a subject matter expert on LogRhythm's products. This is an opportunity to enter the exciting world of network security, audit, compliance, and technical operations.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Prioritize incidents based on impact and severity while ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Act as a single point of contact for incidents raised by our customers.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve incidents and problem cases relating to software and/or hardware challenges.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via remote session, phone or email until the issue is resolved.
- Track incident progress and analysis using our ticketing system as a point of reference.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Leverage the internal knowledge base to minimize time to resolution
- Contribute to the knowledge base where newly discovered issues occur and are resolved by you.
- Elevate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Gather appropriate evidence to contribute to ongoing support of incidents.
- Rule out know fixes within Knowledge base
- Rule out common steps to resolve issues
- Manage your own backlog of incidents
- Follow up with clients daily to ensure they are kept up to date on progress or are progressing your requests in a timely fashion.
- Manage escalations as part of a customer assurance program.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all open incidents in accordance with the agreed action plan for that customer escalation.
- Maintain open communications with customer at a higher level than incidents to provide holistic visibility of ongoing issues.
- Manage your day to day scheduling to ensure time is given for personal development and training.
- Work with your manager to establish a technical training and personal development roadmap.
- Contribute to the overall success of ongoing projects as part of the global organizational objectives laid out by the leadership of the org.
- Contribute to the overall development of the support organization through mentoring, leadership and coaching.
- Experience in application support, server support, network support or similar skill set.
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Windows Server configuration and administration
- Good understanding of networking technologies such as firewalls, switches and routers.
- Familiarity with remote support technologies and help desk software (eg. WebEx, GoToMeeting, Salesforce))
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help on the phone, via remote session and email.
Nice to Have:
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Networking or similar technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server installation and administration
- Experience with logging systems (e.g., Syslog, Windows Event Log, SNMP & API)
- Strong organizational skills – comfortable with managing and prioritizing customer cases you own.
As part of your career at LogRhythm you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the following technologies through incident handling:
- Windows Server 2008R2 onwards
- MS SQL Server 2008 onwards
- Linux server (CentOS & RHEL)
- Grafana, Kibana
- Network Appliances familiarisation (F5, Checkpoint, Cisco)
- Syslog, SNMP, File Integrity Monitoring, Network monitoring (PCAP)
Workplace equality and inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and essential to our culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these essential areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.