Technical Support Engineer at FRONTSTEPS
Caliber Software, a FRONTSTEPS company, is a fast-growing SaaS company located in Mesa, Arizona providing innovative and market-leading accounting and management software solutions for the community association (HOA) industry. We offer a casual and fun work environment, exceptional benefits, competitive salary and opportunities for advancement. You can work remotely while staying connected through our various employee engagement initiatives.
As part of the FRONTSTEPS family, we are guided by the core values of:
1) Developing our people
2) Taking care of the customer at all times
3) Moving with purpose and urgency
4) Being open, honest, and transparent
5) Innovating and failing forward
6) Being courageous.
In this position you’ll be responsible for the ongoing technical support of existing customers. You will tackle hardware, database and server issues by working with the Support and Development teams. We are seeking a candidate with a strong IT background, software development experience, intermediate/advanced SQL and database skills and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Provides front-line technical support for cases associated with hardware, database or server issues.
- Point of contact between the Support and Development teams, working with DBA’s and Engineers.
- Responds to user support requests within 24 hours, determines nature and extent of support needed and keeps user advised on status of case.
- Manages ticket queue and properly prioritizes workflow.
- Troubleshoots and investigates technical support matters to isolate issue impact.
- Translates user experience and intended behavior in writing bug and feature requests.
- Demonstrates positive speaking and writing tones, listening skills, and thorough resolution communication to the user.
- Ensures documentation of support tickets (notes and actions) are clear, concise and thorough per documentation protocol.
- Maintains up to date expertise in the operation of Caliber products.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; a bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- At least 4 years of technical support experience with a SaaS company.
- At least 3 years of Microsoft system administration experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft C# and .NET
- At least 4 years of SQL, networking, ISP, webhosting, desktop support, or other user-facing technical service experience.
- Basic accounting education or experience; understanding of accounting systems.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously with compressed time frames.
- Ability to exhibit analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, MS Office and other standard business software.
- Direct experience or knowledge of community association management (HOA) operations a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.