On a mission to bring ticketing into every team’s conversations.
At Halp, we’re focused on creating delight in everyday conversational interactions. We believe that work starts and ends as a conversation between two individuals. Halp is a conversational ticketing solution for modern internal operations teams to assign, prioritize, track, and answer requests from Slack in a message-based interface. Companies using Halp get faster response times, more productive operational support teams, and happier employees. Halp is already used every day by teams at Strava, Home Depot, G2 Crowd, Slack, ClassPass, and many more.
We’re a venture-backed, Techstars Boulder graduate with customers all over the world. Our investors include Slack, Matchstick Ventures, and Next Frontier Capital. We’re rapidly scaling our team and are committed to hiring amazing talent from all backgrounds and walks of life. We’re proud to have been featured on BuiltInColorado’s 2020 Best Small Places to Work. If you're hard-working and want to make a lasting impact on a small but mighty team, Halp is a great place to grow your career.
Halp is looking for a customer-focused individual with technical chops who is skilled in translating engineering-jargon into customer-friendly language. This role will live on our support team but you’ll be the technical connection between our customers and our engineering org. Our support team resolves problems for our customers on technical operations teams to help them dramatically reduce ticket resolution time, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity.
You will field customer requests and triage technical support tickets that impact more than 100,000 employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Fastly.
As a technical support engineer, you will be the first point of escalation for customer issues — anything from technical implementation questions to code inspection, replicating issues, reproducing bugs, and testing. You’ll thrive in this role if you have strong written communication skills and technical writing chops. You love problem-solving and naturally empathize with others.
You’ll troubleshoot customer Halp integrations with systems like Jira, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Zendesk, and more. You’ll collaborate with Halp support, product, engineering, and operations to find solutions and advocate for customer needs. You’ll also work on engineering projects to build internal support and sales tools, and find and fix core product bugs.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for troubleshooting complex technical issues and also has an interest in building their engineering expertise. If your passion is to grow into a full-stack engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to treat this as a tour of duty, moving into a full-stack engineering role after meeting certain milestones.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide exceptional customer support for technical issues through tickets and chats while building positive customer relationships
- Work across both the support and engineering environmentsIdentify, prioritize, and track issues to ensure timely resolution and escalate as needed
- Review code base, replicate and test issues, and communicate issue resolution in customer-friendly language
- Collaborate with the engineering team to troubleshoot bug issues and advocate for customer needs to influence feature requests and bug fixes
- Contribute to our Halp documentation and growing knowledge base
- Contribute to helping our customers use a product that they seriously love. Seriously. See what Josh Senick, Senior Manager, Business Technology Operations, Slack, had to say about Halp: “The second I saw it, I said where do I sign? How do we get this, because this is exactly what I want to do. This is the tool I’ve been wanting since my first day at Slack."
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience in a support role or customer-facing position; bonus if that role was in technical support or a SaaS environment
- Excited about investigating and solving technical problems and passionate about making things right and finding creative solutions
- A stellar technical communicator with strong writing skills
- Comfortable talking to customers and working directly with engineering to troubleshoot support requests
- Experience working in software like JIRA, Zendesk, and ServiceDesk
- Interest in moving into a future engineering role but excited about working on technical support for the foreseeable future
The way we work is pretty special.
- Monday memos with detailed updates from each team lead to promote transparency and give everyone a lens into what’s happening across the whole business.
- Company-wide retros on Fridays where we debrief on the week and have an open dialogue about what we want to keep and change.
- Once a week option to work from home (or as we say, Slack-first day).
- Weekly team lunches where we share accomplishments, appreciations, and “in-the-ditches” (things that went laughably wrong).
- Lunch-and-learns — we buy lunch while team members share their subject-matter expertise with the rest of the team.
- Flexibility to work out of either our downtown Boulder office with flatiron views or downtown Denver office above the Milk Market.
We take care of our people.
Competitive salary & stock options
Excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage — we cover 100% of your cost of health insurance and 25% of your dependents’ cost
Unlimited vacation policy
Paid parental leave
Public transit EcoPass
Annual international company retreat
Weekly team lunch on us
Team events and offsites with the best coworkers you’ve ever had
Office kitchen stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
Zestful monthly stipend for learning, health, and fitness
Book stipend for continuous education